The Game : 84

At The Hospital ..

▪ [ CASSIDY ] ▪

Ms. Sharon, Erica's Aunt, AKA, her "mother" came to the hospital about 3 hours ago and took Ava with her. I called her and she said she was going to come be get and she wanted me to keep her posted with Erica.

It's 6 something, the Sun's coming up, and I'm tired. I've been sitting here in this waiting room for hours with Briana, Madison, Jayden, Saddy, and my sister, Ying. I've been crying alot too.

I'm just worried about Erica because I know years ago, she was in social media for getting shot how many times and that almost costed her, her life so hoepfully this isn't as serious.

"Family of Erica Brown?" We all got up walking to the Dr.

"Please tell me she's alright!" I said and he sighed.

"Well .. we're doing the best we can. Now, I'm not saying she's dying, but there's a chance.. a slight one. We're gonna keep running test and doing the best we can like I said." I fell to the floor crying. She has to make it. She has to. She would be leaving behind so many things and her kids, her poor kids. Ava wouldn't know her.

"W-What do you mean? How bad was the shot?" Briana asked and Ying rubbed my back as I continued crying.

"She's been shot before and she was barely making it then, and with it happening again, we're hoping she could make it this time. The gun shot was 2 inches away from her belly button. The good thing is with that, if it would've hit her belly button, she would've instantly died. But we're trying to carefully move the bullet out to where she can go around that." He explained. I sniffed shaking my head standing back up.

"Dr... be honest, what's a percentage of her making it?" Jayden asked.

"Right now.. we're looking about .. 45 ish?.."

"NOOOO!!" I screamed feeling weak at my knees as the tears fell.

"We're doing the best we can. We're going to keep trying mam, we really are." He said.

This can't be the end of Erica. Can't be.

▪ [ AUTHOR'S POV ] ▪

Briana, Jayden, and Dr. Ford went to the side talking a little more about Erica while the girls stayed and tried calming down Cassidy.

"She has to make it!!!" Cried Cassidy.

"We just have to pray." Ying said and Madison and Saddy nodded.

By now, the hospital was echoing with Cassidy's cries and screams. She's fallen in love with Erica, and to hear that she's barely pulling through, hurts her alot.

"How much longer Doc?" Briana asked.

"We don't know yet. Can't trust an operation. Especially like this. All we can do, is take our time and hopefully, it's a miracle. She's not the first we've worked with, with a case like this. Our of all the people who been in this situation, I would say about... 40% lived. And that's out of 60," He explained and Jayden sighed.

Tears were forming in her eyes and she walked out the hospital going to the front entrance. When she got outside, the tears flowed. Briana followed after talking to Dr. Ford.

"She's gonna make it man. She's a soldier." Briana said patting Jayden's back.

"Man you heard him, it's a little chance she will!" Jayden yelled.

"I know man but Erica's a fighter! She got this, I'm telling you." Briana said.

Jayden shook her head looking away. "And what if she don't? What we gonna do then? She got kids man! How will Cassidy, Regina, and Lee explain that to them?!"

"I don't know, alright?! I don't know! They're kids, they're gonna be hurt but they'll have to accept it sooner or later." Briana yelled back. "Like I said, she's a  fighter, she got this." Briana said.

"Janet lucky as hell she dead. If she wasn't, I was going to jail for murdering her ass myself." Jayden said and Briana chuckled.

"Me too. Aye man, you seen the way Cassidy's acting? Like she crying her eyes out behind Erica. They wasn't together, right?"Briana asked looking at Jayden.

Jayden shrugged because she was thinking the same thing. "I know Erica was saying, Cassidy wanted to start a relationship but she didn't want a relationship" Jayden said and then shrugged. "How big of a hoe Erica is, she don't need no fucking girlfriend."

Briana laughed nodding. "I know that's right." She said.

"Come on, let's go back inside. Hopefully find a fucking cafeteria or something. I'm starving." Jayden said.

"Man you don't want hospital shit. Its nasty. I'll just get us some McDonalds."

The girls went back inside joining the others. Jayden sat next to Saddy who sat in Jay's lap as Jayden hugged her.

Madison and Briana were also sitting next to each other. Not the way Jayden and Saddy was, but next to each other normally. Ying was still comforting Cassidy.

The hospital was filled with many hurt emotions from each of the women. Hearing they have a chance of losing Erica Brown, isn't something they wanna hear.

~ ~ ~ ~

* Will Erica live? 👀

* Comment your thoughts. 💅