32

sunday

"Here, a blanket and a pillow. You can always sleep in my room," Jamie came in with two mugs and blankets in her arms. She handed me one. It's warm and it smells amazing.

"Dia, I'm sorry for what happened. Has he called you?" She asks sitting down beside me.

"He texted, asking what time i'd be coming home tomorrow. It is a school night today," I sighed and took a sip from my tea. "Thank you, Jamie. I really didn't want to stay at my place for the night,"

"Oh, well you can count on me with everything." She said smiling "So, where do you think you and Ethan are at the moment?" She asked, drinking from her tea.

"Complications here and there," I shrugged. "I just wish he can see what I mean. He didn't even mention the fact that she had her hands all over him. I mean do these hoes not understand? It just got me so heated,"

"I think you should just talk to him. Let him know how you truly feel. I mean how is a relationship gonna work without the honesty?" Jamie raised her brows and nodded softly with a grin. "On second thought... i'll be right back. I'm gonna sleep out here tonight too," she set her mug down and went upstairs again.

monday

"I actually missed school," I opened my locker meanwhile Jamie tried so hard to open her eyes.

"I've missed the lunch lady's tacos. That's probably the only thing that actually tastes edible," she mumbled while rubbing her eye.

I chuckled and shook my head. Jamie leaned against the lockers while she just yawned and groaned about school. "Have you talked to Ethan?"

I shook my head. "Does he wanna talk to you?" She asks, furrowing her brows.

"Seems like he does, but I don't," I said getting my binder out along with my notebook. She let out an annoyed sigh.

"You've got to be kidding me- look do you love him?" She asks, her body turning towards me.

"What kind-"

"Diamanté Mendoza, do you love him!" She shook me making me widened my eyes. "Yes! Okay I love him,"

"Then why are you getting so uptight about this one argument. You've had multiple before you two started dating, no?" I nodded. "Then get your shit together and talk to the poor boy. Like I said, be honest with him. Be honest about your feelings and how you feel about the people he 'hangs' out with. Don't take them away, no don't do that, but just let him know that Meredith isn't quite a friend from the history the both of you have," she shrugs and smiles. "A relationship comes with honesty, Día. That's the first thing you gotta do," The first bell rang and Jamie smiled at me before walking to her class.

I guess Jamie had a point. I wanted to talk to Ethan, but I'm not sure if I want to. Or probably i'm not ready to face him because I mean we all know he's gonna try and baby me for it. "Día,"

Too late.

"Dia, please let's talk," Ethan stood in front of me so I can look at him directly.

"Aren't you gonna be late for second period?" I asked, closing my locker.

"Look, I know you've been trying to avoid me, but I don't want you to, please Dia let's talk," I avoided his gaze, but he seemed to always find a way to lock eyes with me.

I paused for a good second until I responded to him. "Okay, let's talk, but not here," I glanced around. I grabbed his hand and started making my way to the field. Usually during second period the field is empty.

I sat down and pulling Ethan down with me. I looked out onto the field waiting for him to talk, but I felt his stare.

"Ethan, are we gonna talk or are you just gonna stare?" I asked, starting to bounce my leg up and down.

"I wish you stayed last night," he says softly making me stop. I averted my gaze to him and hell im gonna melt right there and then. "I'm sorry about Meredith. I didn't want you to feel-"

"I'm sorry. I overreacted I guess. If Meredith is gonna be your friend, i'm sorry, but-"

"Are you breaking up with me?" He furrowed his brows and turned his body fully towards me in a panicked way.

"What? No! Why would you even think that?" I asked, now turning my body.

"Use your words carefully," he says making me shake my head with a smile. "I love you," he says. I just blushed and looked down as I shook my head.

He held my hand and turned my head to look at him. "Dia, I love you so much. I don't want to lose you," he says softly. I took a deep breath and just looked back at the field.

"Do you really?"

"Yes, I do, Dia I'm in love with you," I turned to look at him. This foo better not be lying to me. It isn't gonna be an apple this time. "Día, i'm sorry. You don't have to be sorry, baby because you weren't doing anything wrong.-" I cut him off as I cupped his face and kissed him. I think he's used his words enough.

He pulled away with a huge grin on his face. "I love you so much, Día," he pulls me in for a quick kiss again and a hug.

"I love you too, Ethan-"

"Hey, love birds its second period. Get to class!" Ethan's coach shouted from the field. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"Running extra laps today, Dolan!" coach said as we walked down the bleachers.

-
-
-
-
-

Is it weird that I imagined the coach from Teen Wolf?

f/a: hey, it's me again :) so i've rewritten this chapter (again) the first time i forgot to save it and it got deleted ;) greeaaat right? but i finally rewrote it and it's even better, hopefully

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Peace ✌🏼✨