17

a week later...
friday morning

I put on some ripped jeans and a black crop top with my black convers. I curled my hair and applied some mascara. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

"Beth is having a party? Jeez, didn't think she'll ever party after our break up," Ethan spoke up from the kitchen.

"Well, she tweeted it and snapped about it," I heard Grayson as I came close to the kitchen door. We're back home. The lake was fun and I actually enjoyed it. School was a bust. But I actually made up a few assignments and I got B's and C's. It's okay i'm still passing.

"Who's having a party?" I asked as I entered the kitchen. "Beth," Grayson responds.

"Are you guys going?" I asked taking a yogurt from the fridge and a spoon. "Nah," Ethan said grabbing a granola bar.

"Lets go. We don't wanna be late," Grayson grabbed his keys and we went out.

-

I went to my locker and put my combination. "Hey," I turned to the right and see Beth.

"Uhhh, what do yo-"

"Party at my house tonight, come?" She asked as she gave me an invitation. People still do this?

"I'm oka-" I was already handing it back to her when she shook her head and gave it back.

"No, please, come on Diamanté I'm asking you to come. Like a friend would do," she smiled, chewing on her gum.

"We're friends now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I know I was rude and all, but come on can't we like just put this behind us and be friends," she rolled her eyes with a smile and shrugged her shoulders.

I looked at her for a minute. How can a girl like Beth wanna be friends with a girl who is screwing her ex boyfriend. Well, I mean not just screwing, but cuddling, kissing, and just being happy with Ethan.

"Sure, I'll go," I sighed and turned back around to my locker. "Great, can't wait," she said walking away.

"What was that?" Aaron asked as he leaned against the locker beside mine and stared Beth down. Guess nobody likes her now.

"She wants to be friends. I want what she's smoking," I joked making Aaron laugh.

"Are you going?" I glanced at him.

"Yeah, I mean free drinks and food," He says as he chuckled. I shrugged, pulling out my physiology textbook.

"Why is that me," I said laughing. "Cameron and Jack are going. Is Ethan and Grayson?" He asked.

"Ethan said nah, but Grayson didn't really say anything about it," I grabbed my notebook and closed my locker.

"Alright. I'll see you at lunch then," he waved.

"Bye," I waved back at him.

lunch

I sat in Ethan's table and Grayson's. Aaron and Cameron were there, but Jack wasn't there.

"Hey," I said smiling, taking the seat beside Ethan.