14

sunday

"Okay, sunscreen, towel, clothes, shampoo, and shoes. My phone, charger, and food," Grayson said zipping up his backpack.

"Grayson, calm down its only for today and tomorrow. You're lucky that cabin has wifi," I said putting my backpack in the trunk.

"I'm excited. I freakin' love nature and I need my things fully charged. Ima take some pictures," he said holding his camera up.

"Great," I said smiling.

"Okay, you guys have everything you need?" Ethan asked once he was out of the house with his car keys.

"Yeah," Grayson and I both said in sync. He locked the house and we got in the car. I went in the backseat with Blue.

Ethan and Grayson's parents want to go to their cabin that's about two hours away from where we live. They want to have some family time I guess, but Ethan couldn't leave me so he told his mom I was coming. Also, missing one more day of school isn't gonna kill anyone.

"You bored?" Ethan asked. He kept glancing at me from the rear view mirror. "Tired," I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes.

"Well, let's put some music," Grayson piped in, pushing the radio button. I fell asleep and woke up the other minute and we were at the cabin already. It was cold asf how the hell were they gonna get in the lake?!

"Okay, so here's your shit, Grayson," Ethan said handing him his bags. Grayson took them all inside and as he was heading in a older women and a younger girl came out smiling and laughing. I grabbed my backpack and got Blue from the backseat. We started walking to the front door.

"Grayson! Ethan! Awww my boys came!" The older woman exclaimed making me smile. Don't they like live with them?

"Come in, come in," she said gesturing. I was about to go in and she stopped me. "You are so beautiful," she said smiling at me.

"Hi," I said shaking her hand. "I'm Diamanté," I add making her glance at Ethan.

"Hello, I'm Lisa. And who is this little guy?" She asked more in a baby voice. Blue barked and jumped on her legs. She grabbed Blue and he started licking her face.

"That's Blue. She adopted him last week," Grayson spoke up. "Sadly, I can't carry the little fella,"

"He's a cutie. He'll love it here," she said putting him down. "You buttholes aren't gonna say hi anymore?" The girl spoke up.

"Cam! What's up," they both started laughing making her punch them playfully.

"Who's this?" She said smiling towards me.

"Dia. Didn't you just hear her?" Grayson said making her pull a few strands of his hair. "No, idiot. I was too focused on Blue,"

"Cameron, but they call me Cam," she said smiling as she shook my hand as well. "Where's dad?" Ethan asked.

"Your dad went out fishing for dinner," their mom said. "Let's head inside," we all went in and the place is huge for a cabin.

"Why won't you guys get settled and then we can go for a swim," Cam said plopping down on the couch with Blue on her lap.

It's cold asf I won't be able to move in the water. I started walking to one of the rooms. I set my things on the bed.

"So, how do you like it so far?" Ethan asked leaning against the doorframe. "Is it always cold in here?" I said hugging myself.

"Yeah, but I mean you'll get use to it. Or maybe not, but that's why we brought a bunch of blankets. Also, i'm sure my dad will make a fire," he said chuckling.