22

sunday

I rubbed my eyes and opened the door causing me to squint. It's eight in the morning and someone's been knocking for five minutes now. "Hey, is Gilinsky here?" The stranger asked.

"Yeah, who are you?" I asked.

"Oh, i'm Jack Johnson," once my view comes back I noticed his blonde hair and blue eyes. He looks familiar. Then it clicked.

"So, you're that other Jack," I said smiling as I held the door open. "I am... he told you about me?" He raised his brows.

"Yeah, he said both of you make music. Also, you got some piano skills. Oh, and how you and a couple of friends are gonna buy a house down here," he smiled and chuckled.

"Nice, can I come in?" He asked. I nodded and moved aside so he can come in as he walked in Gilinsky was walking downstairs. I looked at him and he looked at Johnson.

"JJ!" I walked to the kitchen and started making some scrambled eggs. I heard a door and in came Ethan. "Good morning," he said softly. "Good morning," I smiled.

"Are the other guys coming?" I heard Gilinsky coming into the kitchen with JJ. "Yeah, they're on their way," JJ spoke.

"I've announced to the guys and also the guys that are coming. We're official," he whispered and kissed my cheek. I leaned in to kiss his lips. My phone started ringing from the counter. I pulled away and handed him the spatula.

"Watch this for me?" I asked and he nodded taking over the cooking. I grabbed it from the counter and answered as I left the kitchen with a chuckle.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello? Is this Diamanté Mendoza?" A female voice could be heard from the other side of the line. I furrowed my brows.

"Uhh.. yes this is she. May I ask what this is about?" It better not be the school. Ethan told me they had excused me from it.

"This is the hospital calling from New York. I'm really sorry to inform you about your loss, Ms. Mendoza," my smile dropped and my brows yet again knitted together.

"Loss? What?" I said with a chuckle.

"Your mother passed away at six am this morning. According to the report she had stage 3 cancer. Your father had informed me about your number and asked me to make a phone call. I'm so sorry for your loss," I felt shaky and like I was losing my breath. My mom had cancer, what? She never showed a sign of it she never told me about it.

"Hey, baby eggs are-" Ethan stopped and furrowed his brows once he saw I had tears in my eyes. I left the living room and went upstairs to my room.

Ethan came in closing the door as I threw my phone on my bed. "Hey, will you talk to me?" He asked as I paced back and forth.

"S-She had cancer," I said with a nervous chuckle. "How come she never told me?"

"What? Who?" Ethan asked as he got closer to me.

"My mom," I said as my vision got blurry again. "I mean she never told me!" I said shouting. "This can't be happening! She's not dead!"

"Dead? Who said your mom is dead?" He asked, grabbing my hands to stop me from pacing around.

"My mom, Ethan! A hospital from New York called saying that my mom had stage 3 cancer. Why didn't she tell me she had cancer! Why'd she have to lie to me about this vacation!" My eyes became Niagara falls.