3.4

After meeting up with Calum and Holly for breakfast, Ashton drove straight out of town.

"Open the glove box," Ashton said as we were getting out of the city limits.

I did as he said and opened the glove box. "Now what?"

I looked inside and there was a little mix tape.

"What's this?" I asked, taking it out.

He grinned. "Put it in."

"Ashton, you know I'm not big on music--"

"Just do it."

I sighed and put the tape in, and Ashton turned the volume up.

I didn't recognize any of the songs playing, but Ashton was singing along to all of them.

"They're songs about us," he smiled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Just listen to the lyrics," he said.

I listened to the lyrics and realized they were all about falling in love.

"I made this this summer," he said. "Just the other day, actually."

"Why?" I asked.

"Well I made a list of all these songs that made me think of you throughout the summer, depending on where we were in our relationship or friendship."

I couldn't believe Ashton actually did this. He came up with a list of songs that reminded me of him and put them onto a mix tape just for us. I didn't think he would actually spend that time and trouble on me.

"I love you so much," I said.

"I love you too babe," he smiled, glancing over at me.

We drove the entire day, making a few occasional stops where we would meet up with Calum and Holly.

We stopped somewhere for lunch and had a pretty easygoing conversation.

"Where do we want to stop and sleep?" Calum asked.

"Just a few more hours because I'm getting a little tired," Ashton said.

"Just let Sarah drive and sleep then," Holly said.

"I... Uhm... Can't drive," I said.

"Why not?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I never learned."

"Oh," she said. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to--"

"It's okay," I smiled. "It's not like it's touchy or anything with me."

"Just don't bring up school with her and you'll be fine," Ashton grinned at me and I swatted his arm, taking a bite of my salad.

"Why are you eating salad at a steak house?!" Calum looked at me like I was crazy.

"She's a vegetarian," Ashton said in a mocking tone, making a face.

I swatted his arm again.

"Since when?" Calum looked at me weird. "When I took you out for dinner on your birthday you had a burger."

"She told me a couple weeks ago," Ashton said. "I don't understand it."

"I just don't like meat," I shrugged.

Ashton coughed and took a bite of his steak and I blushed fiercely. Calum looked at us confused and I quickly changed the subject before I had to explain to Calum and Holly that Ashton was just having a dirty mind about it.