3.1

I woke up and Ashton was snoring away under me. I blinked a few times, adjusting to the sunlight coming through my window.

What a night.

I sat up and Ashton didn't move. His mouth was slightly open, his hair in a curly mess and he just looked so beautiful sleeping. He looked so peaceful and happy, like there was nothing in the world that could go wrong.

I carefully climbed out of bed, trying to not to wake Ashton from such a peaceful rest but he stirred a little before waking up and looking around.

"What time is it?" he croaked.

Holy shit.

"Uhm..." I checked my phone for the time, trying to appear casual. If he knew that I found his morning voice hot...

"It's 12," I said.

"Shit," he said, climbing out of bed. "I need to go back over to my room."

He rushed over to the window and climbed across to his room. I gathered my clothes for the day and went in to take a shower.

I went downstairs for breakfast and my mom was sitting at the table, knitting something.

"Sarah?" my mom said as I pulled the cereal out of the cupboard.

"Yeah mom?" I said, pouring my cereal into a bowl and bringing it to the table.

"We're going dress shopping in a couple hours," she said.

"Why?" I asked. Why would I need to go shopping for a dress?

"We're going to a party tomorrow night that your dad's boss is throwing," she said.

"I thought dad was the boss," I said.

"Well he's in a higher position than others," she said. "But there's still someone else above him in authority."

I poured milk on my cereal. "Is Ashton coming?"

"I believe so," she said. "But that's up to his parents."

I sat down and began eating.

"So you need to get a new dress for tonight," she said.

"Okay," I said, eating my cereal. I didn't like wearing dresses in front of other people. I mean, they're comfortable when it's hot out, like a cotton summer dress or something but dressing up for this reason was never something I liked to do.

"It'll be fun," my mom assured me. "There's not going to be a bunch of teenagers there, it's just people your dad works with and their family.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"It won't be that bad," she said. "And Ashton is probably coming, so you won't need to stand around awkwardly with a bunch of people you don't know."

I nodded. Ashton usually made me feel more comfortable around people.

I went upstairs to brush my teeth and hair one more time before texting Ashton to let him know I was going to go with my mom.

"Yeah, my mom is going to make me dress up :(" he replied.

"Yay, you're going!! :)"

"Yeah..."

"At least we'll suffer together?"

"Yeah :) now go get a sexy dress that I can see on the floor when we get home tomorrow night."

His comment made my heart pound but I replied with, "In your dreams."

"In yours too, don't even try to lie."

"You're quite sassy today."

"I get that way when you practically force me to have sex with you in my car."

The Great Escape || a.i. *completed & editing*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara