2.4

I groaned and tangled my fingers in my hair. I never did this before today, then again I don't think I'd ever been this agitated before.

It was official. Ashton and I were fighting. This was officially our first fight. Yes there had been times where we had been upset for whatever reason and we didn't talk for a long time, and there had been times when I thought that Ashton was mad at me but he really wasn't. But this time, we had gotten into an argument. Ashton was angry with me, and I was angry with him. And we weren't speaking to each other.

I didn't like how this was at all. Knowing that Ashton was sitting in his room angry at me and I'm sitting in my room angry at him didn't make me feel any better about anything.

How could we have gone from being so close and intimate last night and this morning to fighting now? I will never understand this rocky relationship we have.

It was stressing me out to be completely honest. I finally got so frustrated I started crying. I had tried to hard this morning to go today without crying, but apparently that wasn't happening today.

I held back my tears as best as I could as I sat in my closet, wanting to rip my hair out and just make up with Ashton already. But I was too scared to go over and see what he would say to me, so I just sat in my closet like the coward that I am.

"Sarah?" I heard Sam knock on my door. I sighed, not wanting to talk to him at the moment but told him to come in anyways.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm in my closet," I said in a monotone voice.

He opened the slightly cracked door and looked down at me. "What are you doing?"

"I'm sulking, what does it look like I'm doing?" I said, not looking up at him.

"Why--Nevermind. Ashton's here... He said he wants to talk to you."

"Send him in here," I said, still monotone.

Sam walked out of my room and my stomach twisted into knots, scared about what Ashton was going to come say to me.

I heard footsteps in my room, then they stopped. "Sarah?" It was Ashton.

"I'm in here." He walked over to my closet and opened it completely, sighing.

"We shouldn't find each other sitting in closets," he said. "You know what happens when we do that."

"I'm not sitting in here considering suicide because we got into a fight," I said.

"I wasn't just referring to that," he said. You cut the tension between us with a knife.

"Then what WERE you referring to?"

"It doesn't matter," he said. "We need to talk."

"We tried to do that earlier, you see how it turned out," I said.

"Don't act like we can't have a civil conversation right now because we can," he said. "We do it all the time. Now stand up and come out here so I can talk to you."

I finally looked up at him. He looked dead serious, and slightly annoyed. I had a feeling he was still a little pissed off from earlier.

"Come on, Sarah," he said. "I'm not going to just let us both be mad at each other because of an argument. We're going to handle this in a civilized and mature manner."

I sighed. He grabbed my arm and made me stand up. I sat on my bed, Ashton sitting down next to me.

"I'm just trying to help you because you're upset about something and you're not telling me what it is," he said. "I didn't mean for any of this to turn into an argument, and I certainly didn't want for us to end up fighting like this. But if you really don't want to tell me, I can't force you. I just want you to know how much I hate seeing you upset."