~1.1

My heart started pounding as Ashton came and sat on my bed. I was scared what he was about to say. My head started to ache as I thought of all the possibilities.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I don't know what I just did," he said. "And I'm really sorry that I keep throwing myself at you like that. I don't know what it is."

I stood without anything to say. What was I supposed to say, really? What was I supposed to think?

"I don't know why I keep doing that," he continued.

Again, I had nothing to say so I just stood awkwardly.

"Say something," he said.

"I don't know what to say," I said.

"What are you thinking?" he asked.

"I don't really know what to think. I kind of liked it, but you're my best friend," I said.

"Well I liked it too," he said. "But we need to stop doing that."

"You mean YOU," I said.

"Well yeah," he said. "But you need to stop letting me."

"How could I not let you?" I said quietly, turning to the window.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You're the first person I've actually been friends with," I said. "I just want to go along with everything you do, and try new things."

"Well we don't have to do everything that I want to do," he said. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't have anything to do except sit and read," I said. "I can't even write anymore. You have a much more interesting life than me."

"I don't want you to feel like we have to do everything I say," he said.

"Well that's how it's going to be for a while," I said. "I'm new to this."

He sighed.

"Actually," I said, remembering something. "I think I have something in mind."

"What is it?" he asked anxiously.

"We have a trampoline set up in the backyard," I said. "It's not the most interesting thing ever but it's better than this."

"What about your legs?" he asked.

"They're fine," I said. "They just burn."

He sighed. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," I said. "Now go out the window and I'll go downstairs. Meet me in my backyard."

"Okay," he said, standing and going out the window to his room.

I went downstairs, Sam sitting in the living room.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm going out to the trampoline," I said. "Not that I need to report to you.

I walked outside and Ashton was already sitting on the trampoline waiting for me.

"Aren't you quick?" I teased, climbing onto the trampoline.

He pulled my arms to help me onto it, and I still fell on my face. Ashton laughed at me.

"You're such a great friend," I said, standing up and pushing him down, making him laugh harder.

He stood up and started jumping, boucing me intentionally really high into the air.

"Ashton! Stop!" I laughed.