~0.8

When it hit me that I was falling in love with Ashton, I told myself I couldn't do that. I'd only known him for less than 24 hours and I was already getting these strange feelings about him? I don't want that.

Although I couldn't help but enjoy being in his arms, cuddling while he watched the movie. He smelled so good, and his arms were just so comforting. I knew it wouldn't work since we swore to be best friends forever, but I couldn't just not like it. And I certainly wasn't going to fight it.

I could cuddle with Ashton without it being a big deal. It's possible.

I paid absolutely no attention to the movie, I just paid attention to the way Ashton breathed, his strong, steady heartbeat and his warm body against mine. I wished the movie was another 5 hours longer when it ended.

He stood up and stretched, almost making me want to pull him back down to keep cuddling with me.

"You're a good cuddler," he grinned at me. "Lauren and my mom try to get away. You just sit there and take it."

"Well who doesn't love cuddling?" I asked. "It's so satisfying."

"Exactly!" he threw his arms up, then looked at me with a dramatic face. "You understand me."

I laughed and he took the movie out and put it back in its case.

"So now what?" I asked, and he sprawled out on his bed next to me.

"I'm just too worn down today to do anything else," he said. "But tomorrow I'm going to show you something else."

"I'll go home then," I said, standing up, but Ashton grabbed my arm.

"We could talk still," he said, pulling me back down onto the bed.

"You like talking don't you?" I laughed.

He shrugged. "Do you not?"

"I didn't before I met you," I said honestly.

"I bring the better out of you," he grinned.

"You really do," I laughed.

"I still can't believe no one wanted to be your friend," he said. "I can't imagine what I would've done today if it weren't for you, I would be so bored."

"And your clothes would be in baskets," I said, and he pushed me, nearly making me fall off the bed, causing me to laugh.

"Have you ever cuddled with anyone before?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. With him.

"With who? Sam?" Ashton started laughing.

"No," I said, whacking him with a pillow.

"Then who?" he asked.

"You," I said.

"Besides me!" He said, laughing.

"Then no," I said. "Unless you count my cat."

"You have a cat?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. "But he's really fat and lazy and likes to sleep in my closet."

"What's his name?" he asked.

"This is a huge coincidence, okay," I said. "But he's gray... And his name is Ash."

"You named your cat after me?!" He grinned, putting his hands over his heart.

"I did not!" I laughed. "I named him Ash way before I met you."

"You named him after me," he said. "You knew somehow that you were going to have a best friend someday named Ashton who has a nickname of Ash so you named your cat that. Plot twist: You're psychic."