I decided that I should go check on Alex while I had a little bit of free time. Bailey wanted someone checking on Alex every once and a while. He was having a hard time with all that had happened in the past month.

"Hey!" I smiled, as I walked in the room, "You're awake!"

My smile quickly faded when I noticed the looks on Derek's, Cristina's, and Alex's face.

"Yeah, I am," She smiled, "And I'm tumor free!"

"Wow, that's great!" I went to the bedside and held her hand.

"So how'd the surgery go?" Izzie asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at the three, my eyes filled with the look confusion.

"Why do your faces look like that? What happened?" Izzie asked.

"We got it all," Derek said.

"That's amazing. You are a hero, Derek Shepherd," Izzie smiled, "But you're all still making that face. What's wrong?"

"We just need to monitor your electrolytes," Cristina said.

"Okay," She nodded.

"Can we talk a moment, Dr.Shepherd?" Alex asked.

"Uh can you explain to me about uh you know?" I asked.

Derek frowned, "Yeah."

The three of us went out in the hall, leaving Cristina with Izzie.

"So she's not remembering anything?" I asked.

"She's like the woman, whose husband died, and we had to tell her every five minutes," Alex yelled.

"No, but that's not unusual after a surgery like this," Derek said, "It could be post-operative haze."

"Or it could be the bleeding from the procedure that fucked up her short term retention. Did you fuck up her brain?" Alex raised his voice.

"Karev," Alex sighed.

"Alex," I scolded him.

Derek looked down at his pager, "I'm sorry. I'll be back in a bit. Trauma."

"Ooh a trauma? Can I come with? Maybe Alex needs some alone time," I said.

"I am fine," He yelled.

Derek looked between Alex and I, "Yeah, come on."

"Yes!" I grinned, and followed behind Derek.

"You know what George told me this morning?"

"What's that?" Derek asked me.

"He's joining the army. The army!" I shook my head, "And I don't know what to think. I mean I want to be proud of him, but I'm also scared, and I think that he shouldn't do it. I mean, what if something bad happens to him? Even if not, George's my person, and he'll be like 10,000 miles away. I don't know what to do."