Chapter 24- Back to Love

Chapter 24
Back to Love

Algee

December 2017

"Take a deep breath, man," Luke tries to soothe me. "It's not the end of the world, Al."

"But she could say no." I say and all of the guys groan before roasting me.

Today is the day. After chasing Kim for two years, I am going to propose to her. I am a hundred percent sure that I want Kimberly Lori Wallace-Tresvant to be my wife.

I'm just nervous to propose in front of a hall full of her family and family friends. It's a scary thing.

"It won't be bad," Chance shakes his head. "All you have to do is get down on one knee. That's it."

"She'll probably be so excited that you won't have to say anything. Just slip the ring on her finger." Ralph grabs my shoulders and shakes them.

"Relax, Al. Kim is crazy about you. Shit, y'all brought a house together. Have dog kids. Do you really think she's turn you down?" RJ says as he fixes his tie. He looks at his phone. "Kat needs me to get Raleigh. I'll be back."

"I'm coming to see my cousin and god daughter." Will smiles. He pats me on the shoulder before following RJ out of the room all of the guys are getting ready for Johnny and Steph's vow renewal.

"Shit. How are you more nervous than me?" Johnny asks and we all laugh.

"I just want everything to be perfect, Johnny. I don't want Steph to feel like I'm stepping on her toes. It's y'all day." I shake my head.

"You're right: it's my and Steph's day but it's your future. Some events need to be shared. If you're going to be apart of this family, you should know that we aren't selfish. Everything we do is for the greater good of the family.

"I've watch Kim grow up to be a beautiful, hardheaded girl. She never listens to her heart when it comes to love, but she did for you. She ran away before but this time she's running toward you. Don't let her pass you up." Johnny says and I'm taking away by the wisdom in this family.

"And if she says no, just wait eighteen years and marry Lola." Bobby says and we all laugh again.

"Yeah. Not happening." Luke says while he looks at his phone. He puts his head down with a sad groan.

"What's up, Boyd?" Elijah asks as we look at Luke for explanation.

"I just can't wait to marry this girl," He shows us a selfie Lucy took after her hair and makeup was done. My future sister-in-law does look beautiful. He gets another message from Lucy that makes Ralph, Johnny, Mike, Ronnie, Ricky, and Bobby glare at him. "Well, I'll be back. I gotta handle some busy."

"More like handle some Lucy!" Wally teases as Luke leaves. We all take our turn roasting him before he's out of earshot.

"I'll go with. He'll need backup." Elijah says and leaves the room.

The time passes by quickly. Ralph gets a text from Cassie to meet up in their dressing room. I just smile when I see Kim.

"You look beautiful, Kimmy." I kiss her cheek so I don't mess up her red lipstick. If there's one thing I've learned about makeup is that a red lip is the hardest to pull off.

"Thank you. You look handsome, Gee Gee," Kim kisses me on the lips anyway. "It's Maybelline's Super Matte Stay. It's not going anywhere."

"Good to know." I smirk before kissing her more animatedly than she kissed me.

"Hey! My uncles, brother, cousins, and dad are in here. Chill." Kim laughs and I smile. My nerves are still have high but I can feel that she's a little tense.