Chapter 10- Stay In

Chapter 10
Stay In

Algee

2016

"Great job, Algee. If you keep pushing like this, we'll finish before the end of December." Steph tells me as I step out of the booth. In last week, I've pushed out three songs.

"Great. Thanks so much. I'll see y'all later." I hug Steph and dap Wally and Woody. I leave the studio to wait for my Uber that's taking me to the airport.

"Ayo, Algee!" I turn around to see Wally and Woody calling me.

"Wassup?" I ask them once they reach me.

"Where you headed, man?" Wally asks.

"Airport. Flying out to Atlanta for my birthday then back to Detroit for filming," I answer. "Why? What's up?"

"What you calling an Uber for? Why don't we drop you off?" Woody's rude ass grabs my phone and cancels my Uber.

"Wow. Y'all must really wanna talk," I blink in surprise as Woody hands me back my phone. "Sure. Let's go."

I put my bags into Wally's car and get in the front seat as Woody gets in the back. I wait until we've driven some to talk. "So what's up?"

"We— we as in Lucy, JJ, BGT, Luke, Elijah, me, and Keith—"

"Yes, Keith too." Wally interrupts Woody when he sees my questioning face.

"—were wondering if you'd want to invite Kim to see your family." Woody continues.

"Why? It's not like we're dating or anything." I lean back in my seat, upset as hell. Why bring up something that they know is a sore topic?

"Yes, but you are friends. Bring your friend to meet your family. She's supposed to be in Atlanta anyway with JKL doing business. Just invite her over for dinner or whatever." Woody says.

"Lucy and JJ won't want to come. They'll be pushing Kim to say yes," Wally says as he pulls up to the airport. He goes into the parking garage and easily pays for the expensive ass parking. "I'm going to Paris to see Uriah."

"What about me?" Woody asks in shock. He must not have known.

"Called an Uber for you. It'll be here in ten minutes. Didn't I tell yo stupid ass that I got you?" Wally rolls his eyes. He's just as mean and ruthless yet caring as his cousin Lucy.

Woody smacks his lips. "Anyway," he helps us get our bags out of the car. "You invite Kim over. She meets the fam. They love her. She feels attached. Boom!" Woody yells causing people to look at us in annoyance. "She's yours."

"Shut up, nigga," I shake my head. Woody watches Wally and me check our bags. "I'll think about it, okay? I don't know if it's a good idea, but I'll think on it some more."

"That's all we can ask," Wally smiles. "See y'all niggas in a few."

"Good looking out, man." Woody daps Wally who just rolls his eyes.

"Later, Wal," I dap Wally then Woody. "Thanks for looking out for me, guys."

We all go out separate ways. On the way to Atlanta, I actually do think over what they proposed. It would be a great idea. Kim is a friend. My family loves meeting my friends. Especially when they're famous friends. My little sister would literally die if she sees Kim in person. By the time that I land, I've made my decision.

"Hey Momma." I hug my mom tightly.

"Hey baby boy," my mom kisses forehead. "Let's get you to the house."