Chapter 16- Stressed Out

Chapter 16
Stressed Out

Algee

2017

"Man, you really out here wildin', Kim." I tell Kim as she and sit in her apartment in L.A..

"How? Let me know how I'm wildin'." She has the most attitude I've ever seen her have.

"How are you gonna go out with Bryshere like it's nothing? Like y'all wasn't just fucking and shit back in May? That shit isn't cool, Kim." I say.

"First of all, stop cussing at me. You got me messed up if you think I'mma stand here and let you cuss at me like I'm some nigga or hoe," Kim says and I roll my eyes. "And anyway, he's my best friend. Ain't nothing gon—"

"Gonna happen right? Nothing like y'all dating or fucking? My bad. Y'all did that already," I grab my stuff. "You obviously don't see what's wrong."

"Algee," she tries to grab my arm as I walk toward the door. "Algee, stop."

"No, Kim," I shake her arm off and open the door. I look back at her as my heart breaks. "I know we aren't official, but damn, Kim. I thought we were heading toward something."

"No, Algee. Don't go." She tries to grab me again but I just shrug her off and leave the apartment.

I get in my car and try not to cry. Why can't she see what's wrong with her and Yazz hanging out? That shit hurts me so much. Just like when they were dating.

I call my mom. "Ma?"

"Hey baby. How's Kim?" Of course the first thing she does is ask about her "future daughter-in-law".

"I think we just broke up. If you can call it that." I shake my head.

"Broke up? What are you talking about? What happened? What did y'all stupid asses do?" She asks all of the right questions as I drive toward my apartment.

"She's been hanging with Yazz, Ma." I say.

"So, nigga?" My mom asks.

"Ma, what if they're back to fucking? What am I supposed to do? I can't take that again." I say as I shake my head.

"She isn't. So you don't have to take anything," my mom sighs. "Algee, you're so dumb it hurts. You didn't get it from me. You got it from yo annoying ass daddy."

"Ma, this serious," I park in the garage of my apartment complex. "What should I do?"

"Give your stupid ass a day then go talk to her with a clear head." She says like it's the easiest thing.

"Ma, you're right. Just give it a day then talk to her when I'm not as emotional. Thanks, Ma. I'll talk to you later." I hang up the phone and go inside.

I call up Woody and Keith to see if they would want to hang out. They come over with Tre and the four of us have a good time.

"Alright, Gee," Woody leans back in his seat on the sofa. "Tell us why you called."

I scoff. "What you mean? I can't just call up my brothers to chill?"