Chapter 15- Stressed Out

Chapter 15
Stressed Out

Kimberly

2017

"You sure you don't want us to come with you?" JJ and Tre ask as they drop me off at LAX airport.

"I'm sure. I just need to be with him. Tre, I don't know how long it'll take him to get better but you and Alexus go on to the Bahamas without us. Take some friends with you to fill our spot." I say to them. I kiss my cousins' cheeks before going through security.

As soon as I saw Algee's face on FaceTime, I knew I had to leave L.A.. I knew I had to go to Atlanta. There was no getting around it. So I called my mom to get one of the private jet ready for me to go.

In four hours, I'm in Atlanta and heading for the hospital that Miss Tanesha told me they were at. They're keeping Algee for the night to run some tests to see what's wrong with him. I strut into the hospital like a woman on a mission. I quickly find the room number and knock. John opens the door and hugs me tightly.

"He's okay. He's sleep right now." John tells me as I enter the room. Algee's siblings and mom are standing around his room as my baby sleeps. His face is distorted because it's so swollen and his eyes look swollen shut.

"Hey Kim." Miss Tanesha gets up to hug me. My eyes never leave Algee's face. His siblings hug me quickly.

"Come on y'all." John gets them out of the room so it's just me and his wife.

"What's wrong with him? What did the doctor say?" I ask as I take a sit next to the hospital bed.

"His body is weak because of all the traveling and work he's been doing. He put too much stress on his body and his immune system couldn't take it. It took a common cold and some bacteria the wrong way and his face swole up. Mostly his eyes. He can hardly see. They say the swelling will go down in a few days but he needs to rest his body." Miss Tanesha answers.

"Well, I won't leave his side," I carefully run my hand along his face. "I can't."

"Thank you, Kim. We're going to take the other kids home and get some sleep. You're gonna be okay here by yourself?" She asks. I can tell how tired she is.

"My bodyguards are just outside the door. I'll be fine." I lay my hand in his hair and lightly massage his scalp. He likes when I do that.

"Okay." Is the last thing I hear Miss Tanesha say before she leaves.

"Algee, how could you let your body get so weak? Baby, we've talked about not overworking yourself or stressing yourself out. This industry is hard and time consuming but you must never let it take control over you or your body," I hiccup as I let the tears flow freely and heavily. My lip starts to wobble. "I hate seeing you in this room. My family has or has had too much shit going on but they've made it through. And so can you. I just need you to rest, baby. And I'll be right by your side as you get better. I'm not going anywhere."

I kiss his hand before laying my head down to pray over the love of my life. I can't imagine a life without Algee. Even if he isn't dying, seeing his face like this— seeing him in this hospital bed is enough to make me rethink what I want out of life. And I want him. I prayed for someone like Algee. I spent too much time running away from him to lose him now.

I want to spend the rest of my life with Algee Smith, Lord. Please. That's what I really want.

"Baby, stop crying." Algee's voice makes my head lift up.