Chapter 8- Girl

Chapter 8
Girl

Algee

2016

"Y'all did not." Elijah gasps as I tell him and the other guys what happened a few weeks ago. I haven't seen Kim in a week since I took her out for breakfast but we've talked on the phone and texted.

"But we did," I say soberly. We were at Luke's place drinking while Lucy was with her sister and cousin working on their album. I take a long sip from my cup. "Yazz, what the hell is wrong with Kim?"

We all turn to Kim's best friend who can hopefully give some answers. He shrugs like he doesn't care. "Man, I don't know. She would never tell me. She woke up crying after we had sex too. From my understanding, when she has sex with guys she's close with or cares a lot about, she cries in her sleep. I don't know. I wish I did." Yazz shakes his head.

"So the other four guys she had sex with, did she cry?" Elijah asks.

Yazz just shakes his head. "No. She wasn't close to them. They were fans. Well, except for Jamal Matthews but that's when they were, like, twenty I think. Before he left for school. He was her first."

"Damn. So she really did like this guy." I lean my head back on the sofa.

"Man, he's married. She performed at his wedding, Algee," Woody points out. "She's over him."

Good point, Woody.

"Did anyone think to talk to Cassie or Ralph?" Luke asks. I just look at him.

"Oh yeah. I'll just walk up to Ralph and go 'Hey Ralph. I fucked Kim and she cried after. Do you know what's wrong with her?'. That'll earn me the answer I'll want." I roll my eyes. They all laugh before getting serious.

"I'll call RJ. He should be able to help." Luke says before calling his future brother-in-law.

"Bro-in-law, what's good?" RJ answers on the first ring.

"Wassup, man? I got the guys over and we were talking to Algee." Luke says with the phone on speaker.

"He told y'all that he laid down with Kim?" RJ asks. Of course he knows. This family tells each other literally everything.

"Yeah, man, but he said that she cried after. Bryshere said Kim did the same thing with him and Jamal Matthews. We wanted to know if you knew what was up." Luke says.

RJ is quiet for some time. "Man, I'm not comfortable with telling y'all. If Kim wanted y'all to know, she woulda told y'all. It's a bone you'll have to pick with her."

"Can you at least give us the context of what's wrong?" Yazz asks. He's her best friend and he can't make heads or tails of it.

"Nah, man. You know I love you like a brother, Yazz, but this is all Kim."

"I need to know, man," I pause. "I love her. I really do. I want to help her with whatever it is."

The oldest Tresvant sibling let's out a deep breath. "Look, Kim had her heart broken real bad after Jamal. It may seem like they were all peaches and cream but they did date at one point and all he did was cheat on her. And she took him back every time— even tho he made it seem like it was her fault. Kim never was the same after Jamal. He broke her for other guys. Yeah, they were really young, but she loved him."

"Damn." We all cuss.

"I ain't know it was like that," Woody shakes his head. "Dude didn't even look like the type."