Alfie

"Wake up Zoe!" I shouted tossing a pillow gently on her head. She groaned and rolled over pulling the duvet tighter to her body.  "We have to go ship your stuff and go to the aiport today!" I said loudly near her ears. She smiled, but kept her eyes shut. 

"I don't want to wake up," she said, her eyes still tightly shut. 

"I guess I just have to go back to America without you," I said standing up and getting dressed. Zoe didn't say anything; she had already gone back to sleep. I'd let her sleep, we didn't have to go get her stuff shipped for a little while. 

I walked into the kitchen and was welcomed by Joe, Zoe's brother. "Hey Joe," I said getting down a bowl for cereal. 

"Alfie," he said with a forced smile leaving the room and going down the hall to the bathroom. I liked Joe, but I had a feeling he wasn't too keen on me. He was really close to Zoe from what I could tell and he was not glad that she was leaving to come and live with me. 

After I got my cereal I walked back into Zoe's room and was pleasantly surprised to see that Zoe was finally awake. "Morning gorgeous," I said setting down my bowl on one of the many stacks of boxes in the room. 

The room was basically empty. We had packaged up everything and shipped sme of the larger furniture that Zoe wanted to keep, such as her makeup drawers and her desk. She was leaving her bed and her bureau and her bedside table. 

All of her smaller belongings were wrapped in newspaper and shoved into numerous boxes that we had to ship today before we got on a plane and went back to my small little flat that was now going to be ours. 

"Morning," she said with a yawn. She then reached over and pulled my bowl off cereal off of the boxes and into her lap. 

"Hey, that's mine!" I said with a laugh. Zoe just looked at me with her puppy eyes and slipped a spoonful of the cereal into her mouth. 

"Okay, I guess you can have it," I said reluctantly. She smiled widely and started eating all of my perfectly prepared breakfast. I didn't really mind though, I could always make myself more. Zoe was worth a bowl of cereal. 

xxx