Zoe

Alfie and I talked for ages. The people around us continued to talk, drink, and move around the room, just getting more and more drunk. We were staying very sober right where we were though. I told him about how I had anxiety and being in large groups of people usually freaked me out, and he told me that he often felt left out of a group and that's why he preferred to be alone, or with just one person. 

The talking was nice, but as we spoke more and more I started to feel myself falling for this boy. I thought everything about him was beautiful. The shape of his face, the colour of his hair, he was gorgeous.

In between times when we were talking, I would look up and sneak a glance at him and look away before he saw me. I didn't want him to think I was staring or even worse, for him to think I was a weirdo or something like that. 

We talked for at least two hours before the conversation made its way around to relationships. I knew that it would though. We had been talking for ages, it was bound to end up at relationships some time or another. 

I found out that Alfie had never dated anywhere which made me a bit more timid about what I had to say. "Well I dated this one guy thoughout all of secondary school, it was pretty serious, but we broke up three years ago and I haven't been with anyone since." 

I had always thought that me having only dated one guy was not a lot, but it made me feel like a total player compared to the amount Alfie had dated. 

After we both realised that we were single, the conversation got a bit more awkward and tense, and before I knew it we were looking into each other's eyes and moving slowly closer to one another. Our lips met and my body erupted in a symphony of senses. 

The main emotion I felt though was happiness. Something I truly hadn't felt at a party for a long time. And it made me, well happy. I was finally happy at a party. 

xxx