Alfie

It was later that night and I was in my hotel room with Marcus. We were talking about what had happened with Zoe earlier. "She asked me if I would come to England with her," I said slowly. This was the only thought that had been on my mind since it had happened. 

"Are you going to go?" Marcus asked walking over to the window and looking out at all the lights on the other buildings. 

"Probably not, but I would.." I trailed off. 

"You would?" Marcus asked turning to look at me. 

"Well, if I didn't have to leave all my friends behind and pack and stuff. Of course I would. I think maybe I love her." Just saying the words made me feel silly. I was always so critical of the people who believed in love at first sight, but this felt real to me. It felt so real. 

"You don't love her," Marcus said with a laugh sitting back down and looking at me. 

"I think I do," I said slowly. I didn't really know the feeling of love, but if I knew anything it was probably really similar to this feeling I was having right now. There was something about Zoe. I felt like we were meant to be together. I couldn't just let her go back to England without me. 

"Well however you feel, I wouldn't go to England for a while. Take some decide to figure out how you really feel and decide then. I'm going to take a shower." He got up and went into the bathroom. The pounding of the water started a few seconds later. 

What he said was really true, I just didn't know if I was going to listen. So much of me wanted to go to England with Zoe, but I knew that was just the part of me that wanted to do crazy stuff with their life and be really spontaneous and stuff like that, but that just wasn't who I was. 

And of course, there was that thought in the back of my mind about what if it didn't work out. I would be stuck in England and I wouldn't have Zoe. I pushed that thought out of my head though, because I hoped that that would never happen. 

I felt really weird going to bed that night, I had no idea what I was going to do the next day and I didn't like that feeling of uncertainty. The one thing I knew for sure though was that I loved Zoe. 

xxx