Zoe

I woke up the next morning in Alfie's flat. I didn't remember the night before all that much, but I remember Alfie got us a cab and drove me back to his flat where I promptly fell asleep in his bed. I didn't remember anything else except for that. 

When I woke up I was nicely surprised to find a cool glass of water on the bedside table next to me. I took the clear glass in my hand and drank the entire thing in one gulp. I was so thirsty. After setting the glass back on the cute small table I sat up and looked around the room. 

It was so empty I couldn't imagine that it would be Alfie's. The walls were painted a crisp white and bed was black with a white duvet, white sheets, and a white pillow. There were two framed pieces of art on the wall, one of the Disney logo and a detailed drawing of a polaroid camera. 

There was a black dresser in the corner of the room with a few pictures of him and his family and friends scattered across the surface. There was a black desk in the other corner with a lamp and a few other random desky things on top. 

And that was it, it was something I hadn't expected. For some reason I thought his room would be colourful and cluttered, but also neat and just adorable. The blankness was nice though. It seemed like a nice space for editing and watching videos. 

I yawned and stood up from the bed. I didn't really want to make the bed, but if I didn't I felt like I was messing up the neatness of the room. I also thought Alfie would appreciate it if I did. So even though I really did want to, I found myself pulling the white duvet and sheets back into place on the bed and setting the pillows up so the room looked nice and pristine as I'm sure it had before I had slept in the bed. 

After the bed was made, I walked out into the main portion of the flat to find Alfie sitting on a white couch with his laptop on his lap. "Good morning," he said looking up at me with a large smile. "How did you sleep?" he asked running a hand through his messy hair. 

"I slept great," I said moving over to him on the couch and sitting next to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and he started running his fingers through my tangled hair. I closed my eyes and just wanted to stay in that moment forever. 

And that's when I knew it. I loved Alfie and I wanted to stay in America with him. 

xxx