Zoe

"Alfie! Can you get me my suitcase from your room. You can zip it up!" I shouted it down the hall to Alfie who was in his room. Today was the day we were both flying to England to get all my stuff for me. 

"No problem!" Alfie shouted back. His flat was small enough that we didn't need to shout, but we still did anyway. 

A few seconds later Alfie appeared ready to go with my packed suitcase by his side. "Are you ready?" he asked looking around the room to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything. We were going back to England for  week so I would have time to say goodbye to all my friends and get all the stuff I needed. 

After debating how we were going to get all my stuff back to America, we decided it would be best to ship it with a different company than the airport people. They would just overcharge us, and even though my stuff would get to America faster it wouldn't really be worth it. 

"I'm ready!" I said smiling taking his hand as we walked out of his flat and down to the street where the taxi Alfie had called was already waiting for us. He put our suitcases in the back and opened the door up for me. I smiled at him as I got in. 

"Are you excited to see your brother? You haven't seen him in a while," Alfie asked as he messed with his hair looking in the mirror on the back of the chair. Alfie was always messing with his hair, I loved it when he did though. 

"I am. We're really close and I'm going to miss him a lot, but I'll have you," I said turning towards him and smiling. He leaned down and kissed my gently on the the nose. I giggled and reached my hand out to grasp his. 

We rode the rest of the way to the airport in silence. It was only about ten minutes, but it was nice to not talk. We didn't need to talk to feel like we were interacting with one another. Alfie would rub his thumb around my hand and send shivers up my spine and I don't know, that just felt like enough. Like words were just too much and silence was better. 

I was glad that this time I was at the airport I was getting on an airplane with Alfie. I was worried for a brief second I would panic again, but then I remembered I was with Alfie and everything was better. Alfie just made everything better and that was why I loved him so much. 

xxx