Alfie

The sun shone brightly in my eyes as I spoke to the camera laughing with my friends as the water lapped at my toes. We were all on the beach and I had decided to vlog the day for my newly started Youtube channel. 

About two months ago I had started a Youtube channel because I thought it would be a good way to put myselg out there and try something new. I was more than overjoyed with the results; it was probably the best decision of my life. I loved it so much.

The community of people were all so much and I already had 1,00 subscribers. I couldn't have asked for anything better. And to make things even better I had been invited to go to Vidcon in just a few months and I was so excited. 

"Hey Alfie, catch!" I ducked as a frisbee flew towards my face.

"Hey that's not fair, I was vlogging!" I shouted turning the camera off and tucking it away in my pocket, grabbing the plastic disk and chucking it back at my friend Marcus who was already running far away from me to avoid injury. 

I just laughed at him. I knew he would get tired quickly, because running in the sand was no fun. Of course I wasn't complaining, I loved the beach, it was my favourite part of living in California. I loved living in California actually. It was always sunny and it never rained, it was perfect.

____________

I got home later that night exhausted from the fun day I had had. I had to upload all my vlog footage though and start editing. I was so tired, I didn't even want to take my shoes off, but of course I did. 

A few minutes later I found myself sitting in bed on my laptop editing my video. I wanted to go to bed so badly but I edited the entire night getting the video live before I finally fell asleep. Nothing was as satisfying to me as uploading a new video. It just made me so happy. 

I loved Youtube and I loved the entire community around it. I had convinced my friend Marcus to start making videos and we often filmed collabs together, which was a blast. I had also met my friend Dan and Phil through Youtube and they were some of the nicest people I had ever met. 

It was really just such a great experience and it had given me such a better view on life and made me a happier person, as well as giving me more opportunities and allowing me to travel and meet new people. I loved Youtube and without it my life would be so different than it is right now. 

xxx