Alfie

I finished my bowl of cereal and went to put the dirty dish in the pile allocated for them on the counter. I was thinking about going back up to my room to get ready for the day, but then I realised there was something I wanted to do more. 

I walked over to the table in the other corner where the girl from the night before was sitting, and even though I was nervous and it freaked me out to do it, I sat down at her table and said hello. 

"Hey," the words escaped my lips and I didn't even know who I was at that point. I would normally never do anything like this, so why would I do it for this girl? Why was she so special? There was a pause when she didn't say anything and for a brief second I was worried she wouldn't say anything at all, but then she spoke. 

"Hey," she said with a smile, which made it even better. "How are you my little stalker," she said with a laugh as she set down her phone on the table. 

"Oh, I'm all right, but my name's Alfie, not 'your little stalker'," I said smiling wide. What was it about this girl that made me so happy. That made me want to spend my whole day talking to her? I didn't even know her that well at all. I didn't even know her name. 

"Oh Alfie, is it? And what Alfie, do you make Youtube videos about?" she asked turning her full attention towards me. 

"Oh you know, the boring stuff. I do vlogs and make comedy videos. Kind of like your friends Dan and Phil." 

We then talked about Dan and Phil for a while and how amazing they were and she told me that she made beauty videos and it was her first year at vidcon as well. I still didn't know her name though, and I was too nervous to ask. 

"I have to go and get ready for my meet and greet, but it was really nice meeting you Alfie. I'll see you at Tyler's party tonight?" she asked standing up and pushing in her chair. 

"Of course," I said with a smile even though I hadn't even heard a thing about the party she was referring too. Marcus would know something about it, he was always much more in tune with the social aspect of things. 

"Bye!" she said with a cute wave as she left the breakfast room and walked down the hallway to the staircase. I couldn't wait to see her tonight at this party. 

xxx