Zoe

I was surprised of what I had responded to Alfie after he had asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend. Normally I was the kind of person that was very wary about everything, and was never very decisive, so the fact that I could make this major decision so quickly was surprising, especially to me. 

I was so happy with the choice I had made, but I wasn't sure it was the right one. I hardly knew Alfie, what if it turned out he was everything I hadn't thought he was. I pushed that thought aside though because I knew it wasn't true. I felt like I had known Alfie my entire life, and that was why I had said yes. I wasn't worried about anything. 

I let Alfie finish his meetup and watched as he talked to a few more people. It was really slow by this point though and after he took a few more pictures we left the meetup together and went for walk. 

"I'm glad you said yes, I was worried you wouldn't," Alfie said smiling at me. 

"I was worried I wouldn't too," I said grinning back. He slipped his large warm hand into my small cool one as we walked and nothing had ever felt so right to me as that. It was weird, I had had at least five or more boyfriends who I had known way longer than Alfie, but none or our relationships felt like this at their best. This felt meant to be. 

We just walked in silence for a while, and it was nice. We didn't have to talk at all to be happy, and I liked that. After we had been walking for about half an hour I spoke. "So what are we going to do when I have to go back to England," I said looking at the ground. 

I didn't even want to think about this right now, but I knew we would have to talk about it sometime soon. I was leaving the next afternoon, so it was kind of a big deal. 

"I don't know," Alfie said his voice low and quiet. I didn't know what we could do and I was worried. I was worried that we wouldn't work out, and I so wanted us to work out. 

"You could come with me?" I said softly phrasing it as a questions because it was so ludicrous to even ask. It was so out of the bounds of anything that could or would possibly happen. Like I had said earlier, we hardly knew each other. There was no way Alfie was going to pack up all his stuff and move to England with me. 

"Maybe," Alfie said with a laugh pushing the idea away because I knew he was probably freaked out by it. He changed the subject and we just talked for while and it felt nice. It felt so nice. 

I felt different with Alfie, and I honestly felt like I loved him which was the weirdest and most bizzarre thing I had ever thought before. I'd always thought love and first sight was an impossible thing, but this made it feel real. It made it feel so real, I loved it. 

xxx