Zoe

When the meetup ended I hurriedly said goodbye to Louise and Tanya and told them that I would see them at this party. I then rushed out of the convention hall and up to my hotel room, I needed to start getting ready for this thing. I needed a lot of time, because I wanted to look like perfection.

I took a shower and spent the extra time to throughly wash my hair, even though it takes ages. I then blowdried it and straightened it. Doing all of this had already wiped about two solid hours from the time I had available to get ready. I still had loads to do. 

Next I started working on picking out my outfit. I decided on all black, since that was something I owned a lot of. I hadn't brought a lot of black with me though, because I knew it was going to be hot and sunny in California, and I didn't want to be uncomfortable all the time. 

I had brought one black dress though and I thought it would make me look gorgeous. I looked at it and put it on and smiled at how good it made me look. The next step of course was my makeup, which would take me ages to perfect. 

I sat down on the bed with my mirror and everything around me and started meticulously putting on everything I needed. Concealer, foundation, primer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, brow stuff, lashes, mascara, blusher, bronzer, highlighter. I went fullout. 

When I was finally done I looked at myself in the mirror and realised how boring I looked. I looked like every other single girl who had ever gone to a party. I was wearing a black dress that flattered me, but wasn't too fancy, and my hair was bland and straight. 

I looked at the clock and groaned when I realised I wouldn't have any time to do anything about my hair, I hardly had any time to do anything about the dress. But that's when I remembered that I had a neon lime green-yellowish dress with a pretty keyhole in my back. 

My mother had given it to me for the trip and I hadn't liked it, so I hadn't even tried it on, but I did bring it just to make her happy. At this moment I was so grateful that I had brought it. I fished it out of my bag and put it on looking in the mirror briefly before leaving. And let me tell you, I looked great. That dress fit me so well and looked great with my hair. I couldn't believe I had ever doubted its beauty. 

___________

The party was loud and smelled strongly of alcohol. I had expected nothing less, but I was just awkward because I didn't know hardly anyone and I was to anxious to go and talk to people. I searched around for Dan and Phil for a while, or even Louise or Tanya to calm me down, but I couldn't find them. 

That's when I found Alfie though. He looked lonely and lost like me. I walked up to him with a large smile, he looked really great. "Hey Alfie," I said looking him up and down one more time, just to take in his gorgeousness. 

"Oh, Zoe isn't it? My breakfast buddy," he said with a grin. I already felt more comfortable at this party just being around him. It was weird though because while he was making me feel comfortable and less anxious he was also making my heart speed up and my stomach twist with butterflies. I was nervous to be around him at the same time. 

We talked for a little bit before he led me over to a couch that was shoved in the corner of the room. It was empty and forgotten so we both sat down on it. Our knees almost touching. Occasionly they would shift together and our skin would touch sending shivers up my spine. 

No boy had ever had this effect on me, and I loved it. He made me feel special. 

xxx