Zoe

I was glad to be home, I had been in America for so long I had almost forgotten what my room even looked like. But then I remembered, America was going to be my new home. I was so excited, but it was a bittersweet moment. 

I didn't want to have to leave Joe or my dad, but I knew I was old enough to be living on my own now. And I was extremely glad that I was going to be living with Alfie. Also, I could come to England and visit my parents and Joe whenever I wanted. Well not eactly whenever, but basically whenever . 

Alfie and slept together in my bed the few days that we stayed in Bath. We didn't have sex or anything, I wasn't ready for that, and I knew Alfie wouldn't be ready for ages. It was nice though, just sleeping in each other's arms. 

We shared a bed at Alfie's apartment, but it was different in my bed. My childhood bed where I had slept as a little girl. I don't know, it was probably just be being nostalgic, but I found that really cool and very nice. 

I said this to Alfie and he just laughed at me. "I think it's sweet Zo, but I don't really see the attraction you have to it," he said as he put more of my clothes in a brown box. We were flying back in two days and we really had to start packing now if we wanted to get anything done. 

"It's just nice. It's like I've known you my whole life or something," I trailed off at the end when I realised it wasn't a really good point and that Alfie was right, it was kind of weird that it comforted me that we had slept together in my bed. I dropped the subject, because even I didn't know why I believed it. 

Alfie just laughed. "So are you sad to be leaving England?" he asked folding more clothes into the boxes. 

"Can we not talk about it?" I asked sliding off my bed and sitting next to him as he continued to pack for me. 

"Of course," he said with a smile that reassured me I was doing the right thing by moving in with him. I rested my head on his shoulder and took a deep breath. I was going to miss a lot of things about Alfie, but I was going to find new things I like about America and I couldn't wait to find those things with Alfie. 

xxx