Wes x Damien #1

Wes and Damien sat on the couch together snuggled up together. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of the tv and the soft heartbeat that Damien could hear since his head was on his chest.

Then it started raining outside. Damien tensed up a bit hoping it would be quick and pass by in a few minutes. Life took his hopes and shot them as it started pouring with thunder and lightning complimenting it. He tried to keep his cool getting closer than he already was to Wes.

Wes took notice of it and smiled at him and pulled him into a reallynice hug. He brought his mouth to his ear and whispered "Its ok Dame, we'll be ok." He said in a soft voice and kept him close to him.

They stayed like that for awhile Damien was calm now and only paid attention to the sound of Wes' heartbeat. And for awhile it worked. And then a loud crash of thunder boomed and Damien nearly jumped up yelping out of fear and tucking his face into Wes' chest.

Wes had never seen him like this and he held him close stroking his hair in an attempt to calm him down and whispering things to him like 'you're ok' and 'I got you'. After the storm passed Damien started crying. He felt like a fool. He didn't want Wes to know about his fear of storms. He felt like it was a stupid fear and that him being afraid of it was pathetic. That was just what he thought though.

Its a common fear. Plenty of people have it. Ombrophobia and/or pluviophobia. He looked it up but when he looked it up an article said it was "a disorder commonly found in kids" which made him feel so bad. He felt childish and felt like Wes thought that about him too.

He locked himself in the bathroom because he didn't want him to see him cry. Wes knocked on the door hearing his soft sobs. Damien was curled up by the bathtub.

"Dame?" He said softly knocking again. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just go away." He replied badly hiding the fact he had been crying. "You sure? I don't want to leave if you're not okay." He said. "Yeah just feeling a bit childish because of this. I'll be fine though. You can go." He said.

"You aren't childish. Its normal to be afraid of storms. Lost of people can get hurt because of them so its common in alot of people. If you want we can go into the room and just snuggle with eachother." He told him. "Yeah that'd be nice. I'll be out in a minute go ahead and go." Damien said getting up and looking at himself in the mirror.

His face was tear stained and he washed the tears away. He felt lucky to have Wes. He cared so much and would protect him through practically everything. He loved him. He didn't want to say it. He felt it was too soon for them to be saying that. He was scared of what he'd think.

He left the bathroom crawling into bed next to Wes and cuddling up into him. His breath evened out alot and then he started to drift off. He listened to the soft drum of his heartbeat and then he heard the words leave his boyfriends mouth.

"I love you." Wes said softly. Damien smiled slightly blushing alittle bit but keeping his eyes closed. He felt like he wasn't supposed to hear it so he didn't want to act like he did. It didn't change their relationship at all. They were already in a serious relationship nothing would change because he said that phrase.

I made this based off of hurricane harvey because I live in houston, texas and its been mainly rain for my area but it is flooding a bit so yee not good. So yeah.

Question for this one is....

Ever lived through a natural disaster? (Hurricane, earthquake, tornado, ect.) what type was it and when?

I lived through hurricane ike in texas back when I was like 4 or 5. I think when I was either a new born or my mom was still pregnant we were in the area that hurricane katrena hit. And then also like a year ago a small tornado went down the street behind mine and it also flooded for a week. Texas floods alot.