twenty-nine ; shattered chances

xxix. shattered chances

━ ❝ i won't let her win ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

forty votes and twenty comments would be appreciated!

warning: short chapter!

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

IT WAS ALMOST as if Pan were no longer the villain, Arabella was. She stood there, fighting her husband off as she smirked darkly at the group of heroes. And just like that, Ivy's words became true to their meaning. While the immortal boy had his magic, he could feel his body weakening, his hold on the female growing lose as the seconds passed. But she didn't notice, taunting them with her pitch black eyes. Mary Margaret gaped, pressing a hand over her mouth. None of them understood what was happening or how this had happened.

Arabella went to open her mouth, a threat in her head but then Pan spoke up, his skin suddenly pale from all of the strength it was taking to keep her in his arms. "Don't do it, love. Please. This isn't you." She only laughed. She laughed at him. No longer did it have that musical accent because it sounded evil. Truly and utterly evil.

"Oh, dear but this is me, it always has been. You just haven't seen the real me and now you have."

He shook his head weakly, glancing over at his son. Then he sighed. "No, this isn't you. And I'll be damned if I die without seeing her again." And once he got the words out, his eyes shut, and he collapsed onto the ground.

Arabella smirked, looking down at her nails before she turned around to see Pan lying there. Instantly, as if a switch flipped, her eyes went back to normal and she fell beside him. "Malcolm? No, no, no! Malcolm!" Tears left her eyes and traveled down her cheeks. Everyone watched with shock. As if StoryBrooke didn't have enough drama. "Don't you dare leave me! Don't let her win!" she sobbed, shaking his body.

Because Mary Margaret felt guilty, she was the first to step forward after David gave her that knowing look. "You can save him." The former princess looked back at her, her lips forming the words how. She went towards Arabella and sat on her knees, rubbing her shoulder. "True love's kiss can break any curse. It worked the first time when you got your memories back, didn't it? All you have to do is believe."

"That's funny coming from you," the mother sneered. "After all, if you lot hadn't tried to kill Malcolm and instead helped him find another way to live, we wouldn't be here right now." From the look on Mary Margaret's face, the bandit knew she was right. Arabella looked away from her and brushed her knuckle along his cheek. "He's the love of my life. I need him."