Hikaru

50th chapter! XD so I hope you guys like how this story is going, I'm not sure how I like it though so let me know what you guys think :) Enjoy!

I took another drag blowing out the smoke as I leaned against the trunk of a tree feeling the sun's rays on me. It was a beautiful day but to me, it was a terrible one. A week has passed since Father's death and I only found one town that didn't have any shinobi but it wasn't the best village for a non shinobi to be in. Crime was very high and if not for my training, I would've been robbed at least five times now since I've been here.

I felt my body start to relax making me forget about that terrible day for once and actually enjoy life. This past week I didn't have a care in the world especially when I entered this town. I didn't care if I live or die but surprisingly, no one had tried to attack me during my journey. I took in a deep breath after taking another drag. I heard someone approaching not alarming me one bit; if they were here to kill me, so be it.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," I heard a male voice say which instantly irritated me. I didn't know what it was, but he was killing my high.

"If you're here to kill me then do it already or leave." I said waving my hand in the air shooing him away.

"I'm not here to kill you," he chuckled making me get even more angry.

"Then leave, you're killing my buzz." I said taking another drag.

"What are you doing? Wait, is that what I think it is?!" He exclaimed with worry.

"Go away, you're annoying me."

He finally came into view but ripped the joint from my hand throwing it on the ground stomping on it.

"What the hell was that for?!" I shouted in anger quickly getting to my feet. I started to feel a little dizzy but kept my composure. "Do you know know how much I paid for that?! Drugs a-are hard to come by nowadays!" I started to stammer making me silently curse.

"How much did you smoke? Your eyes are red as shit." He observed leaning close to me staring at my eyes.

"W-why the hell do you care so....so...so much? Get a-away from from me."

I glared at him and he did the same, but it gave me a chance to take in his appearance. He had brown hair that spiked in the back but in the front, it fell in front of his face. His right cheek had a bandage on it along with a bandaid on his nose. What interested me the most were his matching red eyes; I hated this guy.

"What's with your eyes?" I questioned breaking our glaring contest.

"What's with yours?" He replied mockingly.

"You're getting on my nerves kid." I growled which made him laugh.

"Kid? I'm no kid, kid. I'm much older than you."

"How old are you then?"

"Twenty-three," he said proudly.

"Psh that's still a kid," I scoffed turning my head away from him.

"Compared to you I'm not."

He was still getting on my nerves and I had no idea why. Just him being here was irritating and ruining the peace I was having.

"How the hell do you know I'm not older than you?" I countered.

"Trust me kid, I know exactly how old you are. You're about to turn seventeen soon." He answered which shocked me. I looked back at him seeing a smirk spread across his stupid face.