Jugo

"Have you been informed of the mission?" I questioned him.

"Yes, Orochimaru-sama informed me of Jugo's behavior." Kimimaro answered glancing in my direction.

"Good, we're almost there so be on your guard."

Kimimaro nodded in response creating a few bones from his palms.

"Do you like it here with Lord Orochimaru?" I asked.

"Yes, it is much better than fighting for my life." Kimmimaro replied still looking straight ahead.

"Have you been training with him?"

"Not really, he has mostly been...studying me."

"How?"

"Taking blood samples, testing my abilities, asking me questions."

"He's just trying to figure you out. He does that with all of his disciples."

"Despite my lack of care towards humans, it would be beneficial to befriend him. Kabuto is pretty annoying and Dad's never around, Kimimaro isn't that bad." I thought looking at him.

"So it seems like we're the youngest in the hideout." I said trying to keep up conversation.

"Yeah, um Ko?" I looked over at him meeting his eyes. "I think I found a new reason to fight."

"What would that be?"

"To protect you and Orochimaru-sama. You have given me another purpose in life for which I am grateful for."

"I'm glad, you know, we are the same. I was never kept in an actual cage but it sure felt like it. I was left alone in a house only training with barely any human interaction. It was extremely lonely for years until Kabuto came to live with me, though he isn't that social and kinda creeps me out. Then Lord Orochimaru brought us to the Sound where I met all kinds of people."

He flashed me a smile which I returned then focused on the path in front of us seeing the suspected cave was insight. As we got closer, I sensed someone inside of it so we walked inside.

"Stay away," A voice growled from the end of the cave.

"We're not going anywhere," I said as I continued to walk forward.

"Please go, I don't want to hurt anyone." He begged with a fearful voice.

"Jugo, we're here to help you. Come with us and we'll take you to someone who can help." I reasoned.

"No!" He screamed.

"Let me talk to him," Kimimaro said so I exited the cave.

He walked into the cave and after a while everything got quiet making me wonder what was happening in there. Soon they both came out of the cave, Kimimaro was in front of Jugo who clung to his back.

"He decided to come with us. Jugo, this is Ko."

Jugo looked over and studied me which I didn't mind. He looked over at Kimimaro again then at the ground.

"Welcome to the team Jugo." I welcomed then turned away. "Let's get going, Lord Orochimaru will be waiting for us."

As we were walking, I noticed they were talking amongst themselves as if they were best friends. I slowed my pace letting them catch up so now Kimimaro was in between the two of us.

"Don't worry Jugo, Lord Orochimaru will make sure you are safe. He will help you with you abilities making sure you won't harm anyone again." I gave him a fake smile so he'd feel more comfortable with the idea of joining us.