Tree Climbing

The four genin all sat around Kakashi once they were settled in Tazun's house thinking about the previous battle.

"This is dangerous, Zabuza will be coming back for us once he's at full health. We need to be prepared for his next attack." Ko thought as she glanced at each teammate.

"Look, Kakashi isn't waking up anytime soon. Let's get some food and rest." Sasuke suggested breaking the silence between them

Everyone nodded and headed downstairs into the kitchen where Tazuna's daughter Tsunami, made them a meal. They all ate in silence still shocked at the days events until Tazuna spoke up.

"I must say kids, you've impressed me. I didn't think you could actually fight. Specially you kid," He said looking at Naruto, "didn't think you could do anything."

Ko got up from the table catching everyone's attention. "I'm going to get some rest," she announced.

"Take the room upstairs on the left. There's a bed and a cot for you girls."

"I call the bed!" Sakura shouted.

"Alright,"

"Hey Ko," Sakura called making her stop in her tracks. "That was amazing what you did back there. You didn't look scared at all." Naruto nodded in agreement thankfully not talking with his mouth full.

"I was scared," she admitted, "but I had to ignore it for the mission."

Ko went upstairs and into the room where she changed into her pjs then went up on the roof. The air was cool on her pale skin making her shiver a bit. She wove seals, bit her thumb slamming her hand on the ground to summon a snake.

"Yes master?" The little brown garden snake bowed in respect.

"Any word from Orochimaru?" She questioned getting right to the point. Ever since she arrived at the Leaf, she hasn't heard from her father directly; only through Kabuto and even then she didn't hear much.

"No ma'am."

"You may go," she sighed

Ko stayed up on the roof laying down enjoying the peace and quiet of the night. She activated her Subete Miru to look at the area surrounding her; everything still looked strange to her with it activated. She could see everyone downstairs eating and making small talk but they, along with everything else, was red. Her eyes scanned for Zabuza and his little friend who were nowhere in sight thankfully. She saw Sakura heading up to the room, so Ko jumped back inside and laid on the cot placed on the floor. Sakura entered, quickly changed and plopped on the bed.

"Ko, how were you able to do that on the battlefield? Those moves you did with your sword and being able to dodge Zabuza."

"I didn't train for no reason Sakura. Being a ninja means you are going to run into a battle, you can't be afraid to fight for your life. Emotions such as fear cloud your judgement and body making it impossible to fight back." Ko said staring at the pinkette.

"O-oh," she responded turning away from Ko processing her words.

Sakura became silent for a while and soon they were both asleep. The next morning everyone went downstairs to eat breakfast then went to check on Kakashi. When they walked into his room, they saw he had his blanket covering the bottom half of his face.

"Are you alright sensei?" Tsunami questioned seeing he was awake.

"Yeah, I just can't move for a week or so." Kakashi replied only gazing in their direction.

"The Sharingan is incredible but if it puts that much stress on the body, I guess you have to think before using it." Sakura explained making Ko roll her eyes. "Who was that masked kid?"