twenty nine:::

Zacznij od początku

"Ugh, I wish I was at the bottom of a river," I said to myself.

Once again, the four of them started to argue, but this time Webber shut them up, "Everyone stand down! We are fighting the clock people. It took these kids one hour to call 9-1-1, and three hours for search and rescue to get him out. We only have four to six hours to get him treated and in the OR. We are fighting one hell of a clock. We need every minute we can get. We work as a team or that man dies. Everyone understand?"

"Yes sir," We all nodded.

"Where do you want me sir?" George asked.

"Find Grey and be her intern for the day. I already have enough bodies in here," Webber told him.

George sighed and left the room.

"What's the patient's name?" He asked.

"Andrew Langston," I responded.

"Well let's go save his life," Webber told us.

••

"What's that?" Andrew asked.

"I'm pouring vinegar on your flesh to minimize the burns inside your skin caused by the cement," Mark answered him.

"I'm burning from the inside out? I'm dying. I'm dying, aren't I?" He asked.

"Hey, hey, Andrew. That word's not allowed anymore. I'm banning that word from your vocabulary," Bailey told him.

The paramedics continued to chip at the cement, taking it off piece by piece.

"Can you move your fingers?" Hahn asked the boy.

He looked down at his fingers and moved them up and down.

"That's very good," Hahn told him.

"I'm not usually this dumb. I make the dean's list. I tutor. I'm not usually the guy who's dumb enough to jump into a tub of cement for a girl," He sighed.

"Wait, not the girl you came in with? You did this for her?" Callie asked.

"Lola. The guys dared me. She was watching. And I. she was watching. And now not only is she totally unimpressed, but now after I'm gone, she'll remember me forever as the idiot who was dumb enough to jump into a tub of cement."

"Hey, come on. We all mess up," Callie told the boy.

"I'm the guy who gets incased in a block of cement trying to impress a girl. I'm like Han Solo."

None of said anything, just looking at him a bit confused.

"From Star Wars? He was encased in carbonite?"

The paramedics lifted off another piece of cement and threw it into the trash, leaving not much left on the boy.

"Oh, god. My poor, poor parents. How would they face anyone at the funeral?" Andrew frowned.

"Oh, okay, Andrew, you're gonna make a lot mistakes in your life, but mistakes, they're just pieces. Like this is a foolish piece, but, you know, it's just a piece. You need to be proud of the whole picture. The whole picture defines you, not just this one piece," Bailey told him.