Chapter 39

It's been a month since we moved to London. Today, I got my driver's license for the first time. Over the days Kyle taught me to drive.

I was driving to 'Harold's' Library. I worked as a librarian and also started writing short stories which were published throughout the world.

A month. It passed so slowly, I was walking to Willow's apartment when my phone rang. Kate:

"Hi," I said.

"Radio Station at two in the afternoon."

"Why?"

"Did you forgot about recording a song?"

"No I didn't." But I wanted to spend the whole day with Willow. "I will be there."

I knocked on the door. An old lady opened the door, "Yes." She said in a weak voice.

"Is this Thirty-Three B?" I ask confusingly.

"Yes, it is."

"A girl used to live here with a man and her brother."

"Oh, they moved out."

"Moved out?" I was shocked.

"Yes, it's been a month."

"Do you know where they went?"

"No idea."

"Thank you for telling."

"No problem, child." The door closed. Moved out. I called Kyle multiple times. The call wasn't reaching him. Dammit.

I felt an uneasiness in my chest. Like someone was trying to talk to me. I pushed the uneasiness away and concentrated on my work.

I want to meet her. Hear her voice. Hold her. Kiss her. The resist is so strong. I collapsed on my couch and looked at the newspaper on the coffee table. A strong force was pulling me towards it.

"Willow." Drew, my boss called.

"Yes," I walked to her.

"The people are ready for you to read out your article."

"Yeah." I sighed. "I am coming."

I flipped through the pages when I came upon an article named "Missing One".

I sat infront of some teenagers who were eager for what I have written. Week by week the number increases. I cleared my throat and started to read.

As I was reading it, I heard her voice in my mind. As if she was reading it to me. As I was reading it I felt that someone was listening, attentively. I felt so happy. It all felt so familiar. I searched for the writer's name, unfortunately it wasn't written.

I looked at the clock and it was almost two. As I finished reading, everyone clapped, I bowed and headed out to the cafe for a cup of coffee.

As soon as I got my cup, I sat inside my car and turned the radio on. I was standing near the microphone with Kate near hers. I had these headphones which provided the tune. First Kate started to sing. I must say she doesn't have a great voice. This voice is so bad it's like a cat screeching. How do people get a chance to sing? I couldn't hear no more. I was about to turn it off when it was my turn. I started to sing with all my heart, my eyes closed. I could feel the hurt in this person's voice. It was as if Justin was singing this song. The chorus came and we both sang. The female artist is ruining this song. I really feel bad for her co-singer.

Everyone started to clap as the song ended. I listened it till the end just to know the name of that person but it was not mentioned. I felt as if someone felt bad for me as I was working with a really bad singer.

After that, I went with Kate to have lunch. It wasn't 'Howdy' Diner it was some kind of fancy restaurant. The waitress asked, "What will you two have?"

Kate ordered her. I was so disturbed, I couldn't think of anything besides her. Where is she? "Justin?" Kate snapped her fingers.

"I will have spagetti with meatballs," I looked at Willow. She scribbled on her notepad as I moved my gaze to the menu. Wait was it really, Willow? I looked at the waitress she wasn't Willow. What is happening to me?

I had to pick Stuart from his school. Once, I reached his school, I got out from the car and waited for Stuart. After a while, Stuart came with Justin? I shook my head and realized it was Stuart's teacher, Mr. Rowley. What is happening to me?

I went home just after lunch. I ran to my house and went into my backyard. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. As I opened them I saw her. Her eyes were beaming with happiness, her lips curled in a smile. I runned my fingers through her hair as she pulled me in a long kiss. But it was nothing. I opened my eyes and realized that she wasn't there.

At home, Kyle prepared dinner as I watched television. It was then arms were wrapped around me when I saw him. He smiled from the corner of his mouth. I hugged him with my hands in his ash- blond hair. Then I realized that it was all meaningless and he wasn't there. Why am I seeing him? 

At night, I got into bed and stared at the ceiling as memories rushed and every part of me longed for her presence. I turned to my left side which was empty, I placed my hand on the pillow wanting his presence. He was the reason which made me feel alive that day, but now it feels as if living has no meaning. I stared at the phone wanting for a text from her. She made me feel happy, but now it seems that sadness has covered me with a blanket.