Chapter 16

The next morning, I ran downstairs into the dining hall. I am greeted by Justin and mom. I sat at my place and start to eat scrambled eggs.

"Mom, can you please make some snacks and put them in a basket." I said sipping the Orange juice.

"I will. But why?" She sets her plate beside the sink.

"Yesterday, I found this pleasant flower field with a sparkling stream flowing. So, I want to have lunch there as we will be leaving tomorrow."

"I will make it. But, you were lost yeasterday in the woods. You can't go alone."

"I am not going alone, Justin is coming with me. Aren't you?" I look at him.

"Yes I am. We will be wanting Stuart to come with us." He said placing the fork in his plate.

"That would be great. I will tell Stuart about this." She went out.

"Why did you invite that spoilt brat?" I slammed my hand on the table.

"He is your brother. Besides, we need a spoilt brat in this picnic. It's never fun without one."

"We will see about that." I stomped into my room, throw on a jumpsuit which was sleeveless and had floral patterns on it and braided my hair.

+++

Justin, Stuart and I are in the stables waiting for the horses. "I can't believe a twit and her boyfriend invited me on their date."

"Listen up, spoilt brat." I crouch down so I am at his height. "He is my friend. This is a picnic not a date. By the way, why did you say yes if you didn't wanted to come?"

"Listen up, twit. I had to say yes as I didn't wanted to stay inside that house. Humans need sunshine for a while." Justin nudges my elbow and wiggles his eyebrows.

I stand up and punch his arm, with a frown. Meanwhile, the horses come. I mount Robert and whispered, "Hey, Robert. Missed me?" Running my fingers through it's mane. He neighed, softly.

"So where is that place of yours, twit?" Stuart said as we trotted into the woods.

"It's south of this haunted woods," I say sarcastically.

"How much time?" Justin asks.

"Twenty till thirty minutes." I replied.

I was correct. After thirty minutes we stood before a colourful field with a stream flowing. I dismounted from my horse and moved towards the stream, mesmerized by its glistening water. I crouched beside it and touched the freezing water. "Is this the place you were talking about?" He crouches beside me.

"Yeah, it's like a place from my dreams in reality." I said as the water reflected the rays of the Sun on my eyes.

"This is the last thing on your list."

"Yes, I can't believe that five days passed so fast." I looked at him.

"Time is flying. It doesn't care about anyone." His eyes were focused on the water.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"For what," he faces me with his curious, hazel eyes looking at me with confusion.

"For this trip. If you hadn't brought me to this trip I may had not met mom and had not seen my dreams in reality. Thank you." I touched his cheek.