Chapter 13

In the morning around ten, I woke up seeing that his hand is still on my cheek. I carefully removed his hand and went inside the tent to change in my dark green, one shoulder shirt and denim shorts, put on my white sneakers and brush my hair straight.

After getting ready I went into the woods and wander aimlessly. I climbed a tree and looked around.

After a long time, I heard footsteps and noises, I stayed up in the tree. "Willow!" Someone shouts.

Not far from me I saw Justin, I wanted to call him but I didn't. Let him be. He stood just below the tree. He doesn't see me as I am camaflouged due to my clothing.

I grabbed the branch above me and saw it had dry fruits. Great. I took a handful of them and threw it at him one at a time. He confusingly looked up and soon disappeared.

Soon after that, some rocks hit me I said, "Justin, if that's you. Stop." But the rocks rain upon me. I lose my balance and fell to the ground onto someone.

I know that it was someone because I did not hit hard and I could hear a faint heartbeat plus breathing. I got up and see it is none other than, Justin. I pulled him to his feet. "When I told you to stop, why didn't you? Anyways, it served you right, that you got hurt." I crossed my hands and looked away from him.

"First of all, where were you? Second of all, I didn't do anything." He said yanking my arm.

"If it wasn't you, then who was it?" I got hit again on the arm and my back, I wince in pain.

"Hey! Whoever you are, come out." A small boy came with a slingshot.

"Trespassers." The boy hissed.

"No we weren't trespassing. We could-" I start.

"Get out and don't come back." The boy said.

"Okay," Justin clutches my hand I flinch as we both run till we reach our tent.

"How are we trespassing?" I pant.

"Willow, your shirt" he points at my shirt which is covered in dried, crimson blood.

Shit. The wounds are bleeding, I don't have a medicine. What should I do? I start to panick. As Justin says, "You go inside the tent."

I went inside, sit on my knees and removed my shirt leaving me in my undershirt and see that me arm is covered in blood. I touch my back and feel the wet blood on my fingertips. As I move my hand, I notice that some of the skin is ripped apart. I want to examine the wounds, but there is no mirror.

Justin comes in with a health kit, white cloth and a bucket of water. "You can first wash off the blood and then apply the medicine." He said going out.

"Can you help me? My hand can't reach my back." He nods slightly and sits behind me.

He brushes my hair to the front. Grabs the white cloth, dips it in water and start to clean the blood. I tense as the warm luke water touches my wounds, "Did it hurt?" He said taking the cloth back.

"No," I said weakly. He resumes as awkward silence fills the room. "Where did you get the water?"

"The lake, it's not far from here. We will go their tomorrow." He said. "I think you need some stitches right here." He traces the scar which is cut open. "It won't hurt." He took out a needle and a thread.

"Have you ever stitched something." I ask.

"Once."

"Now you are scaring me."

"Trust me. Are you ready?" I nodded. I felt the needle pierce into my skin. I shut my eyes tightly, my hands made into fists and my had clenched. After a little while he said,"I think we are done, now the medicine." He took out a green bottle and applied the jelly like medicine on my wounds. It soothes the wounds, it's not like the medicine I use. "Now, you could wear your shirt and come out." He said going out.

I zipped my bag open and found a white shirt. I walked out and see that he is watching the sunset. I quietly walked to him and said, "Thank you," not facing him with my arms crossed.

"Welcome."

"Where did you learn to treat wounds?"

"My mother is a doctor. She taught me."

+++

It was night time, I was sitting on the edge of the cliff with my legs suspended in the mid air. Justin came and sit beside me. I started to narrate the story of my life:"I was six. My father was abusive towards my mother. She divorced him." I look at my lap where my hands were clasped. "It was my choice to stay with either mom or father. I chose my father." My vision blurred due to the tears. "It was then, he became abusive towards me. Not giving me food and beating me, severly. Soon, I also became my own enemy, I had suicidal thoughts and I continuously cut myself after beaten by him."

He places his hand on my shoulder. "I never wanted this life. I never wanted to become my own enemy. I always wanted to escape but I stopped myself from doing so."

"Hey," he said pulling my chin up. "He's not here now." I look at him with my puffy, red eyes. "I promise you that this would never happen again, and you will be given justice." I gave a small laugh.

"Promises are meant to be broken," I said.

"They are but not this one." I pull him in an embrace, resting my head on the crook of his neck as a new hope surrounded me. A hope of finally getting free.

"Thank you," I whispered in his shirt, which I think he didn't heard.

-------------
Author's Note:
She finally told her secret to him.
Tomorrow they are going to the lake. Something is going to happen. What do you think is going to happen?