Chapter 18

In the morning, I ate my last meal with my mother which was breakfast.

I hung my backpack and hugged her saying, "I will miss you."

"I will miss you, too." She kissed my forehead.

"I will miss you too, spoilt brat." I patted his head.

"Stop, twit. You're ruining my hair." He pushed my hands away.

I went out, into Justin's car and waved my hand as he drove. I stopped waving once they were out of sight. "It was fun wasn't it?"

"The whole trip? It went grand."

"How much time?" I look at my watch.

"We will reach by noon."

"Till then, tell me about why you don't know how to play badminton."

"I am an only child. Have no one to play with. My mother doesn't know how to play so I also don't."

"Not even in school?"

"In school, we had sports such as volleyball, tennis, football and basketball."

"That was not a long story."

"If I go in detail you would probably sleep. Tell me how is it you don't know how to skate, sky dive, swim, horse ride?"

"For skating, my father never took me to skate. I do own skates but never skated. For sky dive, I don't get time and no one has ever accompanied me." He looks at me with a brow up. "Except for you." He concentrates on driving. "Swimming, as I said I don't have time and I don't swim because of my suicidal thoughts. That even goes for sky diving. Horse riding, I don't own horses. I believe that answer your question."

"Tell me more about your thoughts."

"As I said, I have a death wish from mother nature, this means that my brain starts to complete it but someone saves me." He wiggled his brows. "These thoughts started when I started to punish myself. Self harm." The car came into a sudden halt jerking me forward. Thank God I had the seat belt. "Why did you stop the car?"

He looked at me with a shocked, depressed, disappointed face. "I didn't knew you try to harm yourself. That's why you have so many scars on your arms."

"Yes, but it gives me relief."

"Punishing yourself gives you relief?" I nod with my lips pursed. "I can't believe that you do this." He starts the car and drives. "I am so disappointed in you."

I start to say when he cuts me off. "If you want these thoughts to end you have to stop harming yourself. Promise me that you won't harm yourself."

"But-"

"I don't care, promise me."

"I promise," I groaned leaning against the seat.

"Good. Now, Sit quietly."

I cross my arms and sit like a stubborn child. I turn on the radio as I have nothing to do a song comes on and I start to sing:

I wanna follow where she goes
I think about her and she knows it
I wanna let her take control
'Cause everytime that she gets close, yeah

She pulls me in enough to keep me guessing
And maybe I should stop and start confessing
Confessing, yeah

Oh, I've been shaking
I love it when you go crazy
You take all my inhibitions
Baby, there's nothing holding me back
You take me places that tear up my reputation
Manipulate my decisions
Baby, there's nothing holding me back
There's nothing holding me back