Holidays

Duane in the media above

Robin and Monica sat in Robin's bed within his bedroom talking.

"Why don't you name her Mercedes? Or give all three rhyming names?"

"I don't know about the rhyming names." Robin said as he ate stack after stack of sour cream and onion Pringles. "But if I name my child after an object it's gonna be realistic."

"What you mean?" Monica said.

"I mean what I look like naming my child after something I can't afford? Like Mercedes? At this point in my life I could name her City Bus, Oldsmobile, Acura, Nissan, Sedan. And I most certainly won't name them after Royalty. My son king! Who delivers mail. My son Prince! Who operates the deep fryer at Burger King. Mo' Ima name them something reasonable."

Monica stared at Robin's stomach and said "You know your body will change after this?"

"What?" Robin said.

"I mean after pregnancy some things about a woman changes." Monica said.

Robin rolled his eyes and said "I'll probably get more stretchmarks and get really fucking hairy."

"You'll probably get thicker too. You'll be a milf." Monica laughed.

"Never say that again. A milf is a woman in her 40's with kids and is still a bad bitch. I'm gonna be a bitch with 3 bastards." Robin said.

"I just hope they come out looking like you cause your nigga is hid-e-ous." Monica said.

Robin side-eyed Monica and said "Bitch we broke up, next Amir is handsome I just call him ugly to annoy him, last as long as the babies are healthy and not deformed I'm cool. It's just one thing really worrying me."

"What?" Monica said.

Robin sighed and rested his hand on his stomach "I'm due in March...that's when they come and I'll be on my own."

Monica put her hand on Robin's hand and said "I'm there for you and you got Kenya too and Amir gets out for Summer and Holidays."

"But it's not forever. And y'all got your own lives. I'll have to get a job too cause that 50,000 is gonna last for so long. For the first few years of their lives they won't see their father when they want to in the same house and don't say FaceTime, it's not the same." Robin said.

"What happened to being positive?" Monica said.

"Mo' it's hard." Robin said.

"I'm getting excited for you though. Aren't you?" Monica said.

"I don't know sometimes I am, other times I'm scared, then I just wanna wrap myself up in covers put a fan on myself and never leave the bed." Robin said.

"If you miss that nigga, you he gonna be here in two weeks for Thanksgiving." Monica said.

Robin shrugged.

Amir sat in African History class, now in the back of the class taking notes.

"Mr.Davis. Amir Davis."

Amir raised his head and said "What?"

"Can you tell me why the Transatlantic Slave Trade began?" Koehler said.

Amir briefly furrowed his brows and said "European Empires in the New World lacked a major necessity, A work force. The natives weren't able to because of the diseases Europeans spread and Europeans weren't used to the climate. Africans could withstand certain diseases, were good at keeping livestock and agriculture so...here we are."