Closeness

"When we was on the phone I heard a nigga say I can take care of you. Who the fuck is that?" Amir asked.

"Amir it's nothing to worry about it was somebody on the street." Robin said.

"It sounded like he knew you who is he? You talking to other niggas already?" Amir asked in a raised voice.

"No! It was a pimp Amir." Robin said.

"Pimp?" Amir said.

"Yes, he was asking me to work for him again and I said no." Robin said.

"What I tell you? You too pretty to be out there alone! And you steal from muthafuckers? You ain't nothing but a fucking target don't go down there no more."

Robin sighed "I have to."

"To steal some fucking wallets? It's only a matter of time before you slip up and get hurt and what's stopping that nigga from taking your ass?!" Amir asked.

"It's more than that I that's how I survive Amir! Natasha don't feed me she does the bare minimum Amir. A bed and a room, from there I'm on my own. If I don't steal I don't eat and neither does Monica." Robin said.

"Who?" Amir asked.

"That's why I go down there in the first place remember when you asked me about hair? That girl's hair I was doing her name is Monica, she is one of his girls and the only friend I have here she has to give all her money to Carl and he buys her some cheap ass food to eat once a day that ain't enough!" Robin said.

"Well, I mean can't you call the police?" Amir asked.

"Pimps rarely go to prison Amir and Monica is almost 18 where would she go? She's stuck like me if I told CPS Natasha neglects me or that Quavon attacks me-"

"That nigga hits you?!" Amir asked balling his fists, a vein forming in his neck and his nostrils flared.

"Why did I say that out loud? Amir he, yeah he does but if I say anything I'm be in a group home and if I retaliate it's jail." Robin said.

"What happens when I beat his bitch ass?" Amir said, getting up putting shoes on.

"Nothing Amir! Because I'm afraid cause if they think it's you they'll know it has something to do with me and I'll be in jail." Robin said.

"What can I do?!" Amir yelled.

"I said nothing." Robin said.

"I'm a bitch if I let all that shit happen to you and don't do shit." Amir said.

"That's your pride, leave it alone." Robin said.

Amir suddenly punched a hole in his wall making Robin jump. Amir took a breath and calmly said "I'll leave it alone."

"Amir your knuckles are bleeding!" Robin said.

"Leave it alone." Amir mocked leaving his room and going to the bathroom.

Amir returned from washing his hands to see Robin picking around in his popcorn tin but not eating anything from it. Amir sat next to him and didn't say anything to Robin.

Robin broke the dead silence and asked "Are you gonna get in trouble about the hole in the wall?"

Amir shrugged.

"Amir you don't-"

"I'm doing what you told me to do, nothing. But you can't tell me I can't be pissed about it." Amir said.

"I-I-I." Robin said with tears in his eyes.

"What?!" Amir asked annoyed.

"I didn't think you would care that much about me." Robin said.