Talk to me

Monica in the media above

Amir backed away from the car and into a man in dark brown clothing holding a gun, he cocked it and said nothing.

"Nooooooo!" Amir yelled.

"Amir?!" Jermaine yelled.

Amir broke out of his daydream and said "What?"

"I said did you finally get the money?" Jermaine asked.

"Uh yeah I did I just wanna spend it right and not draw a lot of attention to myself that's all." Amir said.

While Jermaine rejoiced Amir in truth didn't get the other half of the $10,000 nor did he touch the $5,000 dollars he had, he was too afraid to. Two weeks passed since he saw that woman's body in the car and her slumped in the driver seat of the car still sits in Amir's mind. In that same amount of time he and Robin haven't spoken and he hasn't even seen Robin. Amir's tried to push Robin out of his mind but he can't keep him out. Once the bus stopped at Amir's street Amir said "I'll see you J."

"Yeah man." Jermaine said dapping Amir up.

Amir walked along his street and saw Robin leaving Natasha's house in the direction of the corner store Amir followed Robin whom has yet to notice him and he tapped him, Robin turned his head and rolled his eyes "What?"

"Hey Robin." Amir said with an uneasy smile.

"So?" Robin asked.

"I know you still mad at me but I wanted to tell you I apologize to you, it was an honest mistake." Amir said.

Robin thought for a minute and said "Ok." And proceeded to walking.

"Uh what you mean by ok?" Amir asked.

"O.K." Robin said.

Amir walked alongside Robin and asked "Where you going?"

"To the store to buy Jiffy." Robin said.

"Cornbread?" Amir asked.

"No. Picklebread." Robin said.

Amir caught Robin's cold sarcasm and said "Oh, I'm gonna leave you alone Robin sorry to bother you." Amir turned around to go towards his house but Robin followed him and mumbled "This is gonna be really hard for me. Amir!"

"Yeah?" Amir said.

"You want to chill with me?" Robin said.

Amir nodded and caught up with Robin.

Leaving the store Robin said "I know I'm going to sound like a conceited bitch but I thought you would be more excited that I'm speaking to you. I mean you only stopped texting and calling me 2 days ago."

"I am I just miss my friend that's all." Amir said.

"You really think of me as a friend?" Robin said.

"Yeah." Amir said.

"I'm not very friendly." Robin said.

"Well I feel comfortable around you how about that?" Amir said.

"Whatever you say." Robin said.

"So what you doing with that Cornbread?" Amir said.

"Well Natasha is letting me use her stove so I'm making hush puppies with it." Robin said.

"Letting? You can't use it when you want?" Amir said.

"It depends." Robin said.

"On what?" Amir said.