About Me Part II

Amare continued, "The morning I woke-up the sun was out so it had to be ok. Some of the same kids were in my room again and I went downstairs but I saw a indoor pool instead and I saw Mr.Carson swimming so I jumped on his back one of the older kids, Marquis pulled me off Mr.Carson and said to me "don't touch that body and to get out that dirty ass water."

"He was dead?" Amir asked.

"Yes, he was face-down. Ethan and two other girls were swimming too I saw Marquis was pale when he saw them floating and he ignored me when I asked are we getting Ethan? We all sat up in that room till two in the afternoon and I kept asking about Ethan over and over and one girl got fed up and said HE'S DEAD! Then I cried and all the other little kids cried. Marquis, his friend Chris and Becky yelled at her and Becky said Why would tell those little kids that?! All you heard was crying not to mention no one ate since last night. Munchie, the boy that always had snacks stashed somewhere ate all his shit when the actual storm came so that was dead. This girl, Theresa and her brother Luis wanted to go to the superdome because Theresa's boyfriend gave her a cell phone and said he was there and wanted her to be with him but Marquis said How we gonna get there? In our Yacht? We were stranded with no food, no water, no electricity just a bunch of screaming kids."

"At 3:00pm, Marquis and Chris kept running all through the house and swam in the... death pool to find somehow to get out of there or at least some food, the rest of us looked out the windows and saw people on their roofs this 8 year old girl Kelly felt left out and wanted to be on the roof too and I did too cause all the little kids wanted to. We got on those teenagers nerves I swear, Marquis and Chris came back and said there were huge floating boards big enough to carry us across the water but we couldn't get out the front door, it was flooded and not everyone could swim including me so the older boys threw 3 of the boards out of one of the upper floor windows and we had brooms to paddles. All we had to do was jump out it wasn't that far a jump but I was still scared. There was an argument though, some of the kids said let's wait for help to come on the roof."

"A kid named Marcel said The electricity should cut on later but Marquis said We don't know if or when that's gonna happen and we're hungry Marquis jumped out the window and so did Chris then Luis, Becky, Munchie, Peter, Ashley, Lanelle, Keisha, China, D, Kelly, Jonesy, Theresa put her phone in a shopping bag and jumped I finally jumped out after standing there forever but Chris caught me. The other 7 kids stayed behind to wait for help that never came."

"Once we were out we saw more floating bodies Theresa screamed and turned away wherever she was looking and all I heard was Lanelle say Jesus Christ! Chris blocked me Kelly, China and Jonesy from seeing whatever it was, but it looked like a car seat handle before I got a good look at it. I now believe it was a dead baby."

"The little kids and girls including me were taking turns paddling with the brooms and the older boys pushed the boards from the back it was so silent outside of us paddling and talking. Keisha kept crying cause she was sick of looking at dead bodies and I hugged her so she would feel better. Marquis wanted us to find food and water but Theresa said We have to go to the dome, we have to go to the dome and the fact her boyfriend kept calling her was annoying too."

"We need to get food first these kids are hungry now!" Marquis shouted.

"You don't tell me what to do!"Theresa said.

"Don't yell at my sister!" Luis said.

"When your sister or you have any other better ideas I'll listen to the bullshit you have to say until then both of you shut the fuck up!" Marquis said.