Looming Threat

"Robin how are you doing in school?" The social worker said.

Robin pulled out his progress report and said "Here."

"83 in Algebra, 57 in History, 80 in physics, 98 in Spanish and 89 in health...Robin you'll have to pick up your grade in History." She said.

"I'm aware Mrs.Coals." Robin said.

"Are you adjusting well since the leave? I know how traumatic that night was." Mrs.Coals said.

"Do you Mrs.Coals? Do you?" Robin said.

"Well no Robin but I'm sorry I just wanted you know that-"

"Mrs.Coals I have zero interest in anyone's pity it's an insult to the strong." Robin said.

"Are you alright Robin?" Mrs.Coals asked.

"Angela dear, I'm as good as I've always been." Robin said theatrically raising his hands.

Mrs.Coals sighed and said "Are you looking forward to your graduation?"

"No." Robin said.

"Robin sweetheart I know you've been through a lot especially your last home but being so vicious and angry so young isn't good for you would you be interested in counseling?" Mrs.Coals asked.

"How am I angry? I'm not angry." Robin said.

"Robin I can refer you to a number of counselors I won't force you but it would help you a bit." Mrs.Coals said.

"You know how I love our talks but are we done Angela?" Robin asked.

"I suppose we are." Mrs.Coals said getting up.

Robin walked Mrs.Coals to the door and shut it behind her Natasha came from downstairs and said "You know your not getting those cigarettes right?"

"You weren't giving me the money anyway, go fuck your daughter's boyfriend that usually keeps you quiet. It figures the only good kid you had your sister and brother-in-law raised." Robin said walking out the house, leaving behind a stunned Natasha.

Robin called Monica's phone again still hasn't answered it's been 8 days since he last saw her, worrying Robin and searching for her each day.
"Robin!" Kenya called from across the street Robin saw that she, Kenny and Amir were taking groceries in the house, whom he also hasn't spoken to in the same amount of time "Hi Ms.Kenya!"

Kenya grabbed Amir's ear and said something to him.

(Please do not send him over here, do not send him to me.) Robin thought.

Amir looked annoyed and stomped across the street to Robin and stood in front of him "You got anything you wanna say to me?" Amir said.

"Yes, Move." Robin said with malice in his voice pushing past him.

"Fuck you then!" Amir said.

"Fuck you too!" Robin said back.

Amir walked back to his house and Kenya asked "Why you two fighting now?"

"Cause Robin don't follow directions." Amir said loading the rest of the groceries in the house.

Amir was on his laptop in his room, Kenya walked in and asked "Tell me why you and that boy are fighting and don't bullshit me."

Amir huffed from his nose and said "Remember that fight I got in for Robin? He keeps going to the same place where that dude be at to be with his friend and get this, he friends with a prostitute! Can you believe that? He lied to me saying he had detention and he was with her, some hoe and then he won't even tell me what they did he said it's her business."