Belle of the Bauble II

"I've been looking for you all night." Garrison said to Robin.

"Me?" Robin said putting his finger to his chest in confusion.

"You are my date." Garrison said.

"Oh thank you Garrison." Robin said.

"Looks like someone had a fall." Garrison said looking at the drunk man.

"Yeah I was going to help." Robin said.

"Don't bother. Mike help this man up!" Garrison said to the doorman that stopped Robin earlier.

"Yes sir." He said.

Garrison grabbed Robin's hand and led him to the party in the living room.

Garrison cleared his throat.

"Oh th-thank you." Robin said.

Garrison laughed "Why so tense?"

"Oh um...I don't know." Robin said, as his lips trembled.

"You don't have to be afraid I'm harmless." Garrison said
(Harmless as a stroke.) Robin thought. "Oh sorry I'm just intimidated by your presence you are a powerful as well as influential man."

Garrison laughed and said "Think of me as a regular guy. You know me but I don't know you."

"My name is Sinette Rouge." Robin said.

"That's a unique name, never heard it before." Garrison said.

"Thank you but I gotta-"

"You can stay for just a dance can't you?" Garrison said.

Robin looked Garrison in his brown eyes and wanted to carve them out. "Ok." Robin said offering his hand.

Garrison swept Robin across the floor much to his surprise and Garrison said "Sinette."

"Uh. Huh?" Robin said.

"Have we met before?" Garrison said.

Robin began to break in a cold sweat and said "I would remember you Garrison."

"I can't think of it now it's going to annoy me all night." Garrison chuckled as he dipped Robin.

Robin's eyes went wide and he blushed.

"You're a beautiful woman Sinette." Garrison said.

"Oh that means a lot coming from a man like you." Robin said.

Robin examined Garrison face and his eyes to see any of the evil that Amir described but Robin saw a pair of twinkling dark brown eyes. Robin couldn't deny the fact Garrison was a handsome man.

"Thank you. I had to save you from...that. You know we have to stick together." Garrison said.

Robin raised his eyebrow and said "What do you mean?"

"I mean we can't be separate when we have to unite against the enemy." Garrison said as his eyes darted around the room at certain members of the party

(What the hell is he talking about?) Robin thought.

Once the music stopped Garrison let go of Robin and said "Thank you for the dance."

"Uh thank you, you a real good dancer." Robin said backing away.

"Maybe we can dance one more time before the night is over?" Garrison said.

"I'll hold you to that!" Robin said squeezing past people to get away from Garrison.

Robin stood in a corner to catch his breath and the phone rang in the clutch.