On our own

In the hospital parking lot Robin pushed Amir in his wheelchair to the rental car and Amir said "You broke the window!?"

"Look Mo' due to time and constraints of budget we had a tough year I had to make cutbacks, I had to let some people go, I SAVED YOUR LIFE!" Robin said.

"Shit, I'm gonna have to pay these niggas back more now." Amir said.

"Where are we going Amir? Because I'm too cute to be sleeping in motels or in that car." Robin said.

Amir scrunched his face in confusion, poked out his lip and said "Why not?".

"Why not!? Mo' I am not sleeping at no motel you said we were getting an apartment." Robin said.

"So soon?" Amir said.

"Amir!" Robin whined stomping his feet.

"Fuck! Fine then, shit. Where we gonna sleep at then? Cause we ain't going back to that house and I got broken ribs, I ain't laying on no floor." Amir said.

"I know because your nurse told me I'm gonna be the one taking care of you. I'll get us a bed and the other things. God I'm hungry." Robin said.

"What you ain't get enough eating all my shit at the hospital?" Amir said.

"No, but thanks for asking." Robin smiled pinching Amir's cheek.

Amir mumbled "Nurse Ratchet as Fuck."

As Robin drove Amir noticed Robin frowning in the mirror.

"Hey babe." Amir said.

"Hm?" Robin said.

"Can you hand me that black bag in the front seat?" Amir said.

"Here." Robin said.

"Listen I got this for you as an apology before all that shit happened and I locked you up." Amir said revealing the sapphire ring.

Robin's face lit-up, he stopped the car in the street and he said "A sapphire!? How you know I love them most!?

Amir chuckled and said "I noticed when you look at your collection you look at the sapphires the most and I know you said they stole your safe too I'ma get you a whole new collection of jewelry that's yours."

"Thank you so much Amir! I'm not with you for money. I like the gifts and I'll always accept them that's not why I'm here." Robin said.

"You convincing me or yourself?" Amir laughed.

An Acura behind Robin honked it's horn and the woman inside said "Move the fucking car!"

Robin smile turned to a frown, he popped his head out the window and said "Bitch! My man is spoiling me! And you're ruining it!" Robin flashed the sapphire ring and said "See? He blesses me and you're man curses you and I can tell! Look at the bags and lines on your eyes! Bitch! You're looking worn and worried!" Robin stepped on the gas and drove away.

Robin kissed Amir and said "I love you. Did Google tell you where any clean apartments are?"

Amir laughed "Yeah, one is 3 blocks that way." Amir said pointing left.

Robin stood in front the motel door pouting with his arms crossed.

"It's a process babe, the man said 2 other people want the apartment and he wants to check my credit, do a background check, and I gotta give them some pay stubs." Amir said.

When Robin opened the door he stared at the bed with the dull colored bed sheets and said "I think I just caught gonorrhea."