Chapter 14: The Final

Woohoo!! About a thousand reads, come on guys, we can do it!! :D I'm so proud of ya'll [and probably myself too.. T-Hee :]

Okay, this might be the LAST CHAPTER OF EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED... *gasp*, you might say. I'm sorry peeps, but I think it's the end for Amanda's trip and I also feel like starting on a new story. :D So get ready!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After the hug from this random stranger, she said, "We've missed you my darling. I'm sorry we had to leave." I thought about if they were actually really my family or pretending to be one. If they acted right now to pretend to be some family but they were actually some random people, I'd say that they should be professional actors, because they sure are good at it. 

"Why did you leave?" I said, stuttering a bit. 

"We wanted to get you this," the little girl said, taking out a white dress. The dress was long; it looked like it was up to the knee length. It was strapless and white; plainly white, in precision of description. I held on and touched the elegant dress. It felt silky, like silk.

"Why did you leave?" I asked with my voice sounding groggy a bit. Tears went out from my eyes, slowly and slowly they went. I had missed them so much.

"You just asked that." James said, in a dulling voice.

I shed my eyes and hugged my little Katie. "You really scared me there." I said to her.

"We were afraid of that." Dad said hiding his head with his brown short hair.

"Do you guys know how much I've cried just for you to come back?" I asked, still hugging Katie. I sensed the tears coming out of her eyes. Her heart pulse slowed down a bit and I could see that she felt sad for leaving me alone with the Sanders. Even if she was small for her age, she knew that I was her older sister, always and will be forever.

"I bet you didn't cry that much, Mandy." James teased, putting his hands into his pockets.

"She cried, a lot." Oliver emphasized. 

"Hey, I missed them." I said back to Oliver, pointing at him with my right index finger. "And watch it." 

"But why did you have to leave for like several days?" I asked them, referring to my parents. 

"We wanted to surprise you." Mom explained, getting down on her knees and hugging Katie and me.

"Your dress Mom," I said letting go of the hug. 

"It's fine." she said, still hugging Katie and me. She sounded like she didn't care about getting her dress dirty, she only cared that right now she's surrounded with family and friends, and that's how I feel too.

"Awe, it's a group hug." Dad said, getting down on his knees. "Everyone get it! It's a group hug!" 

"Yay, it's a group hug!" Sarah said, jumping out from the camper and running towards the group hug. Little by little more people came to the group hug. As more people came to hug us, the squishier it got. By the time there were about like eight people, by my count of seeing them from the view of below everyone, we fell down and collapsed hard onto the solid ground. 

"That was a group hug, a definite group hug." Sarah said, crossing her arms.

"Now, shall we go onto the celebrating of the 'Welcome back home Skylars, excluding Amanda since she was here the whole time'." announced Oliver. 

"Hey, I'm part of them too you know." I said, frowning a bit. 

"I know you little rat." He replied, ruffling my hair.

"Let's just go." I said, holding hands with him. 

He looked down to me and whispered into my ear softly, "That kiss we had earlier wasn't an accident, it was on purpose." I blushed little and let go of his hand. I wasn't embarrassed, I felt happy. 

"I have to ask something to my parents, be back in a sec." I said walking away from him and towards my parents. 

"Hey Mom," I said as I smiled to her. "Why did you have to leave all a sudden, come back here like a stranger, and then randomly bought me a wonderful dress? Why Mom? Couldn't you have just told me when I was at the Sanders' camper? Or couldn't you have left a letter or a note?" 

"We wanted to make you a surprise, and didn't you hear Dad telling you that we left." she replied, walking slower as usual so she couldn't trip over her dress.

Dad said something before they left? How come I didn't hear it? "I didn't hear anyone saying anything about you guys leaving, and..." 

"We bought the dress for you prom, even though it's still a few years later." Mom quickly added before I managed to finish my sentence. My mouth dropped and I was looking at my mom and was surprised. Why would they want to buy the dress now? And how did they travel to the store to buy the dress? I thought about it.

"We wanted to make it a surprise dear, and we rode to the store with a taxi.” she said, hugging me. "Now let's go eat at that festival those Sanders are making for us." Mom just read my mind again, but I didn't care. All I cared about was that I'm filled with my family, friends, and that old nasty little Alex. I wonder where she is and what she's up; but no worries for me, because I've got help on my side.

This trip started as a surprise and went to a moment of adventure. It was from the birthday presents, to the Grand Canyon, to the garden, to the lake, to the fishing, to the Sanders, missing family, Oliver, and now this. This festival celebrated the arrival of the Sanders, all except me.