Chapter 6: The Only Brochure Turned into Some Disaster

I've decided to do an author's note here. =) Thank you everybody who's read my story!! I really appreaciate it! ;D I've also made this chapter loonnggerrr than the previous chapters, as I had promised. :) So, here it is!! =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It looks like we need to get some family fun time here, doesn't it?" Mom asked as she patted on my head.

"I have to agree with you, Mom." I said restlessly, while flipping through the T.V. channels. "It's getting a little bit stuffy here." 

"Well, should we get going on our fishing trip?" Mom catechized. 

"Sure, sure, but which lake are we going to fish at?" I pondered.

Dad popped out from reading the newspaper, "Perhaps Lake Pleasant."

"Lake Pleasant?" I repeated.

"Yes, that's what I said, Lake Pleasant. It'll be fun, I promise." Dad assured.

"How do you know that it's going to be fun?" I asked tilting my head sideways. 

"Don't you see?" said Dad, waving a fishing brochure

"Let me see that," I said, taking it away from his hand. 

"No, no, no. First, say the secret word." teased Dad, pulling back the brochure.

"Fine," I sighed, "Please." 

"That's the way to do it and that's my girl." he said and gave me the brochure right away. I read the brochure the moment I held it with my hand. The brochure said,

"Hey you there! Yeah, you. Are you looking for a place to go fishing? Well, you've come to the right place! Lake Pleasant is one of the best fishing areas in Arizona. There's a whole bucket of the varieties of fish we have here. Some of them include largemouth bass, white bass, and striped bass. There are tons of bass and stripers you can find in this area! Lake Pleasant has also been known for one of the best places to fish for bass and stripers in the west coast! So don't look back now, come on to Lake Pleasant! We guarantee that you'll have the best fishing time of your life!"

Wow, how intriguing. This is one of the most appealing, but direct  fishing brochures I have ever seen. 

"So, what do you think?" asked my smiling dad. 

"Umm, do you think this brochure might be a little too direct?" I asked putting one of my eyebrows up.

 A while after I asked him the question, Dad said, "I don't think so." 

"Well, I do think that." I said directly after he answered my question.

"Err, so you're saying that you don't like my decision." Dad said in a low tone.

"No,no. That's not what I meant." I apologized, "I'm saying that, have you checked other fishing brochures?"

"Hmm," Dad said, thinking aloud, "Why didn't I think of that before? Now that you've mentioned it, I'll go head downstairs and look over some brochures. Does anyone want to join me?"

"We do, we do!" exclaimed James and Katie, who apparently woke up from their long sleep. Huh, looks like they weren't sleeping at all; it looks like somebody's been eavesdropping. 

Just before the three ran off out to get the brochures, I randomly asked the little ones, "Were you listening to us talking when you were pretending to sleep?"

"No," they said innocently, while looking towards their left side.

"Aha!" I said, like I just solved a mystery, "You were looking to your left side, that proovees you were lying!"