Chapter 7: Are You Serious?!

Another Author's Note! :> Now THIS Chapter, is going to be longgerr than the one before. So, are you ready? I hope sure hope so. c-: 

*Btw, my songs for this story are kinda random. "_" But this song ------->>>> , I think it matches with this chapter. So, enjoy!!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aah," I yawned, "Are we there yet?"

"You woke up just on time," announced Mom, who was looking at the GPS. 

"So, that means we're there?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Uh huh," Mom said, not bothering looking at the back seat.

I glanced to my right side, Katie was still sleeping peacefully. I glanced to my left side; James was playing with his action figures that he brought from home.

"Dad," I asked, "how many minutes left?" 

"Ten to fifteen minutes," Dad shouted.

"Why are you shouting?" I whispered to him.

"It's because I need to wake myself up! Mom's not talking as much as before." Dad shouted, but in a lower tone than before.

"How about tune up some radio? That'll keep you up for sure." I suggested. Dad pressed the button and turned on the radio. He circled the button to change to his favorite channel. The song that was on now was "Party in the U.S.A.". 

"You like that, Dad?" I asked. That was really odd, because can you imagine my dad, I mean MY DAD, listening to her songs?

"Eh," he answered, "I listen to her songs now and then." You might think this is a little bit weird, but I think it's TOTALLY weird. There are two things that are totally weird for my dad to be actually listening to her songs. First of all, we're in Phoenix, Arizona, not Los Angeles, California. Second of all, it's just plain creepy.

Fifteen minutes after I had just asked if we were there yet, I was getting bored. "Come on, Dad." I encouraged him, "Can't you drive a little bit faster? This is taking forever!"

"But we've only been driving for three hours and fifteen minutes!" Dad said.

"That's not helping." I said gloomily.

"Then, what's helping you?" Dad said, emphasizing on the "you" part. 

"The thing that will help me is that if you drive faster, we'll arrive arrive their earlier." I said, making sure he understood me.

"Come again?" 

"Ugh," I sighed, "if you drive faster, we'll arrive their earlier. So the faster you drive, the earlier we'll arrive there."

"Don't you see?" he asked, acting like a little girl while pointing to the view in front of him.

"See what?" I asked, talking in the same tone as he was.

"That," he said, pointing to the car crash that was beside us.

"Turn to a local news channel. Whatever the name is, just turn to it." I instructed impatiently.

Dad chuckled and switched to a local news channel. The reporter said,

"'Tune in on 91.5 - KJZZ to hear your local Arizona news for traffic and weather report. We're always updated and always stay on topic. And now here's the weather report with Doctor Heinz McBride.' 

'Good Afternoon folks, it's Doctor Heinz McBride, also known as Doctor HMB. There'll be heavy rainshowers towards Phoenix, Arizona. But don't feel down now, because in my calculations, there shall be no sign of precipitation during the evening. That is all for now, and stay tuned for the traffic report with Dune Dooney Dales right after these advertisements.'"