The Hardest Part of This is Leaving You (Gif Imagine #3)

You get really hurt during the Battle Of Hogwarts and die in Hermione's arms

"Where's Y/N?" Hermione rushed out as she frantically scurried into the Great Hall.

She had heard that you had been gravely injured while fighting Rodolphus, and she wanted to get to you as soon as possible. Ron caught her as she rushed in. He had seen the condition you were in. You were hit by the Crucio curse many times and had been thrown around. He knew you were most likely not going to make it. He just didn't know how to tell Hermione that.

"Hermione, Y/N is.....very...very hurt. We don't think she is going to last very long. We all thought you should be the last to talk to her.." Ron said, feeling helpless at the way Hermione's face contorted in pain.

"No..no...she must be okay! She always is...." Hermione gasped out, tears flowing down her cheeks. 

Ron only shook his head and brought her into a hug, "I'm sorry 'Mione,"

Hermione let out a full on sob into his chest and weakly asked, "Where is she?"

Ron pulled away and pointed towards a somewhat secluded area in the Hall. Hermione's breath caught in throat when she battered and torn up body. Ron left to go back to his family, who were mourning the death of Fred.

When she got close to you, she saw how every breath you took seemed forced and it only made her heart break more. 

"Y/N...."

Your head slowly moved around and when you saw Hermione, a painful looking smile appeared on your face. Hermione quickly moved to sit by your side, running her fingers through your matted hair.

"Hermione, hey-y gorgeous," You said, taking in Hermione's beautiful features seemingly one last time.

Hermione let out a watery laugh and leaned down to place a tender kiss on your battered skin. She quickly reached for your hand, almost gasping at how cold it felt.

"Your encounter with Lestrange didn't go as planned I take it?" Hermione asked, gripping your hand like it would somehow save you if she never let go.

"Damn, Lestrange. I almost had the fucker too.." You said, trying to laugh but only coughing.

You looked up at Hermione, seeing her tear-stained face. You knew she knew that you weren't going to make it. It hurt you that you wouldn't be able to be there with her, but you hoped that Ron and Harry would do it.

You took a deep, painful breath, "Listen.. Hermione, I'm not going to make it out of this castle. You know that.....r-right?"

Hermione slowly nodded and a sob tore from her mouth, "I know,"

You looked right in the eyes with the best smile you could possibly make, "So, I wanted to tell you that....that I love you. I love everything about you Hermione. I-"

You couldn't get anymore out due an extreme pain in your head, causing your eyes to clenched and your breathing to stutter. You heard Hermione crying above you and clench your hand even tighter.

Once the pain stopped, you could feel yourself start to slip. Your eyes felt like they weighed a ton and you felt like there was an elephant on your chest. The room was blurry, but you could still faintly see Hermione's figure.

"Could I get one last kiss...please," You choked out, your grip on Hermione's hand fading away.

Your eyes so badly wanted to close but you forced them open, forced them to look at Hermione one last time. Through her sobs, Hermione leaned down and gently pressed her lips to yours. You could faintly taste salt on her rough lips. She pulled away only slightly, looking into your face. 

The room was now impossible to see. Your ears were filled with water. The elephant was jumping on you now. Your eyelids moved on their own accord. Your hand went limp.

"I love you, Hermione,"

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

NaynoJ