Go To Sleep, Love (One-Shot #20)

The reader cares for their child when he wakes in the night.

 °º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº°  

You woke up to a baby crying. This had been happening a lot since the baby was born. You had lost a lot of sleep because of it, but you didn't mind. About three weeks ago, Hermione had birthed the child and you were beyond happy.

You childishly hoped the baby would stop crying, but of course, it didn't. You quietly groaned and unwrapped your arms from the other person in the bed. Hermione groaned and tried sitting up but you gently pushed her back down.

"Go back to bed, sweetheart. I'll take care of this," you whispered while looking at the clock on the bed side table. It was 1:26 in the morning. She weakly nodded and laid back down on the bed, letting out a sigh.

You scrambled out of the bed, yawning. You walked down the hall to where the baby's room was. You gently opened the door and the screaming got louder. You walked over to the crib and pulled him out.

"Hey, Hugo," you said, rocking him back and forth. 

He quieted down but not completely. Wondering what was bothering him, you checked his diaper. You were confused when you saw that it was empty. Your eyes scanned the room for anything of use and stopped when they landed on a milk bottle. You walked over to it and warmed it up. Once it was warmed up, you put the tip of it next to his mouth and he took it quickly.

"You were hungry weren't you little guy," you said as you watched him suck eagerly on the bottle. You smiled at him. He was your little bundle of joy. You were so entranced in him that you didn't notice footsteps sounding from behind you.

Hermione wrapped her arms around you and buried her face in your back. But not before looking at Hugo and smiling.

"You should be in bed, love," you commented softly.

You felt her shake her head.

"And why not?" You chuckled quietly, holding up Hugo's head a bit more.

"The bed got cold," she mumbled quietly.

By that time, Hugo had finished his milk. You took the bottle from him and set it on a counter. Hermione stepped away from you and motioned for you to hand her Hugo. You handed him to her carefully, and watched as she patted his little back until he burped. She wiped the little bit of throw up that came out of his mouth with a towel before setting him back in his crib. You picked up a pacifier from the counter and walked over to the crib. Hermione was busying herself by wrapping blankets around Hugo so he wouldn't get cold. You wrapped one arm around her waist and used the other to gently put the pacifier in his mouth. He went to sleep in seconds. You mentally thanked Merlin for that.

"Come on, love. Let's go back to bed," you said quietly, trying not to disturb the sleeping baby. She nodded and you followed her out of the room. Once you got back to the room you shared with her, she flopped back in the bed. You laughed at her antics. You laid back in the bed and wrapped your arms around her like they were before.

"Goodnight, Hermione," you whispered, giving her a small kiss.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

  °º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº°  

Burgundy_wolflegend