Sing Me To Safety (One-Shot #21)

Hermione is upset about Draco bullying her, so the reader sings to her to calm her down. 

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº°  

Hermione rounded the corner, crying. Malfoy had cornered her and verbally bullied her. Usually she could take it, but tonight was different. She had been stressed out about the DA and Umbridge and this just pushed her over the edge. Hermione decided that she was going to go to her dorm room to try to calm down. She shakily said the password and walked in. She had her hand over mouth to try to muffle her cries. You also happened to be in the common room. You were studying some notes for potions when you heard her walk in. You looked up in concern when you heard her muffled cries. Your brows furrowed when you saw how much pain she was in.

"Hermione? What happened?" you asked, worry tainting your voice.

Her head snapped in your direction when she heard your voice.

"Y-y-y/n?" she asked, looking away and wiping her tears. "Nothing is wrong. I-I'm f-fine."

You set your studies down and shook your head, "It's obvious you're not okay,"

You stood up and walked up to her. She tried to walk away but you were to quick for her. You snagged the crook of her elbow and pulled her to you. You wrapped her in a tight hug and she buried her head in your neck.

"What happened Hermione?" you said softy, stroking her hair gently.

You felt her shake her head.

"Come on, Hermione. You can tell me,"

She sighed and mumbled out a, "Malfoy,"

"What did he say?" you said as you started to rub her back.

"The usual. Insults, calling me a mudblood, and empty threats," she said as she sniffled.

You frowned and muttered, "Asshole,"

She weakly chuckled and you gently pulled away from her.

"I can assure you, Hermione, that you are none of the bad insults Malfoy calls you,"

"How would you know that if you didn't even hear the insults?"

"I don't have to hear the insults to know they aren't true. Nothing that comes out of his mouth is good. My guess would be that he called you some overused insults, which you are nothing like those. You are absolutely amazing, Hermione. Don't let Malfoy make you think otherwise. Okay?" you said and kissed the top of her head.

"Okay," she sighed and leaned against you. You stayed like this for a while but Hermione broke the silence.

"Y/n?"

"Yes, Hermione?"

"Can you sing to me, please?"

You pulled back and looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Please?" she asked, pouting and widening her eyes.

"Hermione," you groaned, fighting a smile.

"Pretty please?" she said, wrapping her arms around your neck and kissing your cheek. She milked it even more by pouting even more and using the signature puppy dog eyes when she pulled away.

You couldn't hold back the smile anymore and shook your head, "Fine,"

She started smiling madly and started to drag you to the dorm rooms. She knew you sang for a while. She had walked in on you singing many times. She led you to her empty dorm room. She skipped to the nearest windowsill and you laughed. She sat down on it and patted the seat next to her. You rolled your eyes but sat next to her anyway. She pushed you back and then sat on your lap while curling into you.

Your eyes widened at her forwardness and you laughed, "Woah, there. Calm down,"

She giggled and said, "Sorry,"

It was at this point you decided to start:

So take me to the paradise

In your eyes

Green like American money

You taste just right

Sweet like Tennessee honey

She smiled and curled into you more.

And we can run away

Swimming in the sunlight everyday

Paradise in your eyes

Green like American money

You stopped when she pulled away from you. She wrapped her arms around your neck once again and slowly kissed you.

When she pulled back she whispered:

"I like it when you sing to me. It makes me feel safe."

  °º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº°  

Burgundy_wolflegend