Take My Hand, We're in Foreign Land (One-Shot #31)

Victor cheats on Hermione before the Yule Ball and the reader comforts her. This leads to Hermione figuring out the reader has a performing spot in the Yule Ball.

°º¤øº°°°º¤øº¤øº°°°º¤øº° 

You let out a deep sigh as you speed walked towards the Hall. You weren't exactly 'thrilled' about the visit of the other schools. Everyone else however was all for it, which you did not understand. All you really wanted to do at the moment was to lay in your bed and cry while listening to Twenty One Pilots.

But nooo let's all go down to the Great Hall instead.

To say you were 'salty' was an understatement. The Great Hall was in full chat mode. Everyone talking about Durmstrang and Beauxbatons. You sat down in the nearest open spot and closed your eyes, trying to drain everyone's voices out. Not even twenty seconds later, you felt a hard tap on your shoulder. Looking up you saw a familiar red head, Ron Weasley.  You saw that Hermione and Harry were just entering the Hall and was headed towards Ron. Hermione caught your eye, causing you to blush and quickly divert your attention back to Ron.

"Do you think you could move over a few seats? This is normally where me and my friends sit." He said it with his eyebrows raised, like you were wrong for sitting there. Hermione and Harry got there just as he said it. Hermione looked at Ron with an annoying expression and he pretended that he didn't see it. 

"Yeah, sorry." You muttered out and went to move over with your head down.

Hermione turned to look at you with a bit of guilt and leaned over, grabbing your sleeve before you could move, "No it's okay. We can sit in another spot; it's not that big of deal. Sorry.. um.."

"Y/n." You interjected with a quiet voice.

Hermione nodded, "Right. Sorry, Y/n. We'll just sit in the spot next to you. No big deal."

Ron looked like he was about to protest but a stern look from Hermione stopped him. He rolled his eyes and sat down as far as he could from you. To your emotions dismay, Hermione sat right next to you. You slowly turned and focused your attention on the front of the room, trying to distract yourself from the fact that the Hermione Granger was sitting right behind you. You sat up a little bit taller as your heart decided to beat as fast as a hummingbird's. You felt her move behind you and you sucked in a nervous breath. You had to remind yourself to breathe for a few seconds. You couldn't see it, but Hermione flashed a soft smile in your direction.

A few minutes later, Dumbledore came in announced the schools that were going to be here for the tournament. Then, the school named Durmstrang burst through the doors with a performance that even you would say was quite impressive. There was quite a lot of baton swinging and fire. At the end of the performers, the Headmaster of Durmstrang and a boy wearing fancy clothes walked in. The Headmaster was obviously Igor and you recognized the boy as Victor Krum. You rolled your eyes as you heard many girl fawn over the boy. You heard a sharp gasp come from the girl sitting next to you and you turned to see Hermione staring at Victor with heart-eyes. Your heart filled with a sense of pain and you turned again to see Victor sending a sly wink towards Hermione.

Why do all the girls I like have to be straight?

After the boys from Durmstrang were done, the girls from Beauxbatons came in. And let's just say you enjoyed that performance much more.